• ...and so much more!
  • ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    Washington state senate republicans joined democrats in passing

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/3791/attachments/original/1516047070/fpc-wa-sb5992-2018-1-11.pdf?1516047070

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    35K comments

job well done!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/01/26/35000-people-comment-federal-review-rapid-fire-bump-stocks-device-used-las-vegas-massacre

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    is there any more updates on this? the comment section closed during shot show! are they still reading? yes, i know 35,000+ comments is a lot. but i have money in hand burning for a bump stock. but i wonder what would pricing be also?

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    85% of 36,000 comments is a good percentage. But I think mostly were 2A supporters. I dont think other citizens not so deep into the 2A community knew anything about this comment section that the ATF is conducting because I'm pretty sure there would be more than 36,000 comments. There's 36,000 soccer mom and dads that are blogging right now about having the right for something. Something that won't even advance America in no way shape or form.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bump. ****ing ATF. ****ing Trump. They are twisting definitions & outright lying and are going forward with this "rule" despite overwhelming negative responses in the 1st comment period.

Hammer these idiots by using the blue button at the upper right side of the page: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ATF-2018-0002-0001

We have another day to voice our disapproval. Let the lawsuits begin.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Commented...

This is blatantly, unequivocally false: "such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter. Hence, a semiautomatic firearm to which a bump-stock-type device is attached is able to produce automatic fire with a single pull of the trigger."

This is not the case. While these devices enable the shooter to pull the trigger faster (something which can be done without said devices), they still require a pull of the trigger for each round fired. Basing your proposed ruling on false information is bad policy. My suggestion would be to hire someone with at least a passing knowledge of how firearms work so that you will be better informed to make such decisions. It is quite obvious that this has not been the case.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Commented (second time)

I urge the powers that be to refrain from advancing any further into regulating a "bump stocks" etc., a device or class of devices that have been used very, very rarely for criminal intent. To establish policy based off a single event such as what happened in Las Vegas is emotion based instead of one based off of reason.

These devices were conceived and developed because of existing regulations on firearms, especially those of the NFA, GCA, and Hughes Amendment. Their functionality, that of increasing the rates at which the trigger if a semi automatic firearm can be activated, can be replicated with thumbs, belt loops, and rubber bands. You'll not stop innovation with such rules, you'll only make law abiding citizens into criminals over a hunk of plastic or a piece of manufactured steel.

This is bad policy and I urge it be abandoned.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It’s like moms demand actions Facebook page.

“Think of the children”

”Nobody but the military needs them”

”In a civilized society we should not allow these killing devises”

:rolleyes: I think I’m gonna go throw up now.

Top Bottom