• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Call in air support. What, you guys don't have air support? Really?

I've got Air Support!!!

AT6 Texan
    P51 Mustang
    Hellcat
    Redbull Racer
    Mini-Mustang
    Super Skybolt Bipe
    and 2 Helis

I wonder if I could strap enough boom juice to one and still be able to take off???

Yeah I am an RC nerd..

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a tactical air ballon, shaped like Spong Bob, and it kills like Thor's Hammer. I have an INGO patch and a Magul sticker on it, and people think it's cool.

Andre, think "Flyin Molotov Cocktail", I think you're on to something!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got Air Support!!!

AT6 Texan
    P51 Mustang
    Hellcat
    Redbull Racer
    Mini-Mustang
    Super Skybolt Bipe
    and 2 Helis

I wonder if I could strap enough boom juice to one and still be able to take off???

Yeah I am an RC nerd..

Who mentioned the Molotov Cocktails earlier? Downward-facing camera, spark-plug ignition, and remote-release. Drop some fire bombs!

Heck, air-dropped flash-bangs would catch most folks completely off guard.

Since we are talking improvised defenses. How about a compressed air spud gun? They have decent range (100+ yards) and with the right projectile, quite the punch. Aim the barrel up a bit, and now you have a mortar.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I have a tactical air ballon, shaped like Spong Bob, and it kills like Thor's Hammer. I have an INGO patch and a Magul sticker on it, and people think it's cool.

Andre, think "Flyin Molotov Cocktail", I think you're on to something!

Yeah but 12 oz of 20% Nitro only burns for so long...VERY HOT but limited time and my gas birds only carry about 16oz of 50 to 1 Premium mix...

Weight is a big issue with these, I have often thought about hooking up a CO2 fired BB "Machine Gun" but alas legality issues have stopped me from proceeding with testing. AMA issuance frowns on stuff like that.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The killdozer sounds like the worst as the others could be resolved by shooting the drivers. Re-read the Marvin Heemeyer account for how hard his vehicle was to stop.

Marvin Heemeyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure if maybe the guy who dropped a flashbang down the exhaust wouldn't have been better off trying to plug it with something or pour in a liquid or something flamable.

Yep. Sounds like disabling the tracks is about the only way to go. This guy dropped one side into a basement. The guy that stole a tank several years ago ended up high-centered on a highway median (Shawn Nelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Get just one side caught up or immobilized, and the whole things stops.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    3 months into a SHTF event this group would have been dispatched after their first unsuccessful attack. No one gets any second attempts once it all unfolds and I know I have supplies some others are willing to take. Me and mine(s) would have been overly prepared for the second coming. I like the ideas of making travel overly difficult from house to road and creating over moving to funnels. great senario please continue...

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    assuming they get past the dragon by the moat...

hmmm, flamethrower, Molotovs, and some strategically placed propane tanks. Plus some trenches filled with napalm...

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Say three months into SHTF event some desparate people discover you have stuff they want, and have probed a few times to try and take it. You have pushed back this small group several times and they have taken losses.

You are in a rural area, hills and trees and your house is 800 feet from the road.

Then one early morning you hear a diesel engine and see this coming down the road. It is one of these choices, how you going to stop them from getting close to your place?

• killdozer
    • backhoe
    • bulldozer
    • bank armored truck
    • men on horses
    Share some preplanned and immediate response ideas.

For the Heavy Equipment and the truck. Maybe a night time fact finding mission and alot of sugar in the fuel tanks. For the men on horses...shoot the horses and the men and take their weapons.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    For the Heavy Equipment and the truck. Maybe a night time fact finding mission and alot of sugar in the fuel tanks. For the men on horses...shoot the horses and the men and take their weapons.
    Mythbusters did an episode on the sugar in the gas tank myth. They busted it.

Besides, wouldn't sugar be a hot commodity in a SHTF scenario?

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Woodfire ashes, they are free & a cloud will clog up any air filter & kill the engine, not good to breathe either.

Loaded into balloons, bags, boxes or other delivery system to make a cloud airborn.

Have a remote release propane tank, high propane concentration can displace oxygen, cause engines to race/blow, be explosive.

Deep & sharp decline ditch can prevent most motorized transport from crossing.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Tracked vehicles are pretty easily disabled in that the tracks themselves are easy to jam. I jammed up the track on an ammo carrier in the army years ago with my kevlar helmet( accidentally ) stopped er dead though!
    The problem would be getting close enough to jam it up with a piece of 4x4 or length of pipe without getting shot. I would think a well planned flanking maneuver while sustaining fire from the front would be enough to shut 'em down.
    I don't consider an armored bulldozer as a possible threat so I won't address it. Armored car... well the engine isn't armored just the money holding part!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yep. Sounds like disabling the tracks is about the only way to go. This guy dropped one side into a basement. The guy that stole a tank several years ago ended up high-centered on a highway median (Shawn Nelson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Get just one side caught up or immobilized, and the whole things stops.

Fire fixes everything. Apply enough in the right places (radiator) and you can shut 'em down that way.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Cool! We'll [strike]loot[/strike], er, salvage your place first!

I wonder if my wife would notice if I started on my "killdozer fortifications" this weekend? A 12' wide by 10' deep moat should do it. Maybe if I landscape it nicely, she won't notice.....

Tell her it's a coy pond.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My take back from the thread

-They might push at you one time and be driven off, but the second time you will push back till they are gone.

-If you are three months into a shtf event, you better have some snag points or plans to deal with problems before they get to your place. I'm thinking a zone defense.

I like the idea of making the drive on your place littered with problems to slow them down. Just remember, you might have a friend show up and you don't want them to get hurt.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    At present we are right next to a wonderfully paved road. Anyone wanting to travel will have a clear path. Listening for the vehicle would be our only defense because we couldn't dig a mote or have any tree-based attacks.

Maybe I need to spend the money now on that .50 BMG so I can attack armor from a distance. Otherwise I guess I need to look deserted and already ransacked.

Man, I need to move...

Top Bottom