• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm impressed with her. Vanity did not stop her from making a tough choice.

Pitt has nothing to cry about. A woman this tough would kick his ass if he did.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Pitt has nothing to cry about; she has a much lower health risk now. Apart from that, with the number of plastic surgeons out there and her financial resources, she'll be back to good-as-new (or better) in no time.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    the title says a lot about some men. Breasts are more important than possibly saving a life? I think men would applaud such a brave decision she has made. She chose to stand and fight against the cancer she MAY get in the future. It took a lot of courage and strength, and support from Brad for her to be able to do this.
    It's the comments "Brad is crying on the inside" that make women even hesitate to think about things like this. Almost as if saying lose my breasts, my man won't want me anymore.

disclaimer, I am no way lumping all men into one group, I know that men aren't all the same.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it was my wife, I would definitely be crying. What man wants his wife to go through something like that? I doubt if they are slapping high fives and he's saying, "Way to woman up!"

I don't know them, but it seems like their marriage and family are strong. I wish them well.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    the title says a lot about some men. Breasts are more important than possibly saving a life? I think men would applaud such a brave decision she has made. She chose to stand and fight against the cancer she MAY get in the future. It took a lot of courage and strength, and support from Brad for her to be able to do this.
    It's the comments "Brad is crying on the inside" that make women even hesitate to think about things like this. Almost as if saying lose my breasts, my man won't want me anymore.

disclaimer, I am no way lumping all men into one group, I know that men aren't all the same.

+1, Said respones to all that agree with the op's title.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It seems radical and unnecessary to me. If I had a family Hx of prostate cancer should I have a preemptive surgery to have it removed or just be vigilant in going to the doctor? I would choose the latter.

I do have a family history of skin cancer, I have NO plans of having my skin removed. I do and will continue to apply sunblock and will see my doctor if I notice any spots.

This is the same woman who used to carry a vial of Billy Bob Thorton's blood around with her; strange.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If someone tells you there is an 87% chance of developing the cancer your mother died of, would you take preventative steps to reduce that to 5%? These are the numbers she was given. Even with the best tests available, you can't always detect it at a treatable stage.

It clearly was radical, but so was fighting King George.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If someone tells you there is an 87% chance of developing the cancer your mother died of, would you take preventative steps to reduce that to 5%? These are the numbers she was given. Even with the best tests available, you can't always detect it at a treatable stage.

I've watched many brave women battle breast cancer that did everything they could to detect it. 2 friends right now have had double mastectomies along with lymph-node removal, both are battling chemo and radiation. Both still aren't sure if they have gotten it and they stand a chance at survival. One chose no reconstruction, one did. Both have blogged the horrible emotional distress this whole battle has brought to them and their families.

Both were monthly checkers, both had had a mammogram. Both have a very deadly diagnosis. One had just finished nursing her youngest child. one was given her diagnosis on her sons 5th birthday.

Both women had talked about family history, both knew there was testing to diagnose if they MIGHT get it, neither could afford it.

I also watched my Grandmother fight and lose her battle.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana

I believe there is a difference between preventative measures and a radical surgery. Should someone with diabetic neuropathy have a preemptive amputation?

I understand the fear of cancer and seeing someone close die from that horrible disease. It just seems radical to me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My mom had breast cancer and it's what killed her mother when she was just starting college. She was very scared of all the possibilities and she ended up getting a mastectomie and the chemo. It's a tough situation, but what she needed then more than anything was some laughs.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

Hard to add to this except to say, by the time breast cancer is detected it is frequently too dam late to cure it, even with radical surgery and chemo.

OP has a right to post with whatever title but I think others have the right to call out poor taste as well.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I believe there is a difference between preventative measures and a radical surgery. Should someone with diabetic neuropathy have a preemptive amputation?

I understand the fear of cancer and seeing someone close die from that horrible disease. It just seems radical to me.

maybe so, but breasts are for nursing babies. Once there are no more babies, they sit there for looks. :dunno:
    what you say about diabetics, well last I looked, feet, legs, arms, hands are necessary for daily living. So it is really not a good comparison.

Top Bottom