• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When you are forced to go to walmart with the wife and kids and your first stop is the sporting goods section to see what's on sale that you don't have that you need to stock up on.

When your family rolls their eyes when you tell them your Christmas list and all it consists of is ammo, food storage, MRE's, survival tools, ammo, other "gear", ammo, etc... :)

When you start using every nook and cranny space to stash Bug Out Gear.

When you use your kids in your drills on Bugging Out or Bugging In.

When you're standing in the check out line at the grocery store and see that the person in front of you found something on your "list" on sale that you didn't see and decide that waiting in line another 15 minutes is worth going and getting it before the zombies buy it all.

When you start buying things like tobacco and alcohol that you would never otherwise buy because it might come in handy to barter and trade with later...

When you're entire family thinks you're crazy when you want to formulate a plan to get them outta dodge when SHTF...

I'm sure I can think of some more...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you offer free deer butchering to get you hands on more hides, bones, and sinew.

If you wife spends all day putting together a romantic "date night" and you get mad because dinner is by candle light (depleting you stash)

You own more hand tools than power tools... Just in Case.

When at the local fall festival you see saw blades with a scenic painting and think wow that saw is cheaper than a new one.... or wow a two man saw I can't find those anywhere.

You have burning wood in your fire pit, b/c it dips into your winter stash.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have a hand saw my mother painted if SHTF I will use it in a heartbeat. I always told her I'd find a use for it. I would hope she wouldn't mind.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    When you are forced to go to walmart with the wife and kids and your first stop is the sporting goods section to see what's on sale that you don't have that you need to stock up on.

When your family rolls their eyes when you tell them your Christmas list and all it consists of is ammo, food storage, MRE's, survival tools, ammo, other "gear", ammo, etc... :)

When you start using every nook and cranny space to stash Bug Out Gear.

When you use your kids in your drills on Bugging Out or Bugging In.

When you're standing in the check out line at the grocery store and see that the person in front of you found something on your "list" on sale that you didn't see and decide that waiting in line another 15 minutes is worth going and getting it before the zombies buy it all.

When you start buying things like tobacco and alcohol that you would never otherwise buy because it might come in handy to barter and trade with later...

:lol2: Guilty. It's not a bad thing, really. Is it? :dunno:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    This is great stuff guys! I admit, I'm guilty of nearly all of this. The few friends that actually know what I've done/am doing to prep all tell me regularly that they're coming to my place.....I tell them to get their own. When they are at my place they tell me they feel like there isn't a safer place on earth......I'm glad they feel that way and not me, because if I did, I'd probably stop stockpiling stuff.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well I was in the shower today scrubbing up when i look to the side and see i dont have any soap, so i get out look in the cabnet and see that im completly out so where do i go? To my bug out bag. Well when I went to go finish washing I had to laugh a little because The whole jeff foxworth you know your a redneck thing came to mind. So i thought i would start a little thread about shtf humor.

So here we go.

You know your a survivalist when there is more soap in you 3 day bag then your whole house.

YOu know your a survivalist when you light your smokes with sterno and a swiss fire starter.

You know your a survivalist when you have more food in your bug out room then your pantry.

You know your a survivalist when you know how to make bread, soup, pudding and liquor out of rice.

They may be a little corney but i gave it my best does anyone else have anything?
    You know your a survivalist when you run out of soap, so you grab the Dr. Bonner's, finish washing, shampoo your hair, and then brush your teeth, wash the dishes, and then put the Dr. Bonner's away.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    How about when your friends and family don't even need to leave home to buy your Christmas presents. They just fill up a sack full of canned goods, slap on a bow and they know you'll love it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    How about when your friends and family don't even need to leave home to buy your Christmas presents. They just fill up a sack full of canned goods, slap on a bow and they know you'll love it.
    Would you mind telling my family this? They always try too hard and screw up! Half the time I never even remove gifts from the package, it's easier to re-gift that way. Some say that's rude, but if it's something I'll never use if I live to be 1000........

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    When going to the grocery store you have to decide what you can do without and take it out of your trunk to make room for groceries.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When a kid in your neighborhood gets hurt riding his bike and instead of asking for medical supplies, you have the other kids start gathering things from your yard/garden.

Top Bottom