• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Predators,thieves, and opportunists. All traits I despise, preying on other people’s misery. There’s a special place in hell for those kinds of people and I hope they find it quickly. I’ll add,raising the price of lumber overnight to insane prices seems predatory to me but I’m a proponent of capitalism and I think plywood is traded as a commodity, so I guess that’s the price you pay living in the greatest country in the world. Being prepared doesn’t seem so far off base when life hits you hard.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    When I was in LA afetr Katrina there were signs everywhere with this same message.
    Sadly some people were disarmed by the police in Louisiana, making them targets for looters..My Daughter, and son-in-law live in Florida, he has 2 daughters, and is a Marine combat vet...I'm sure looters would be carried out.........

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Predators,thieves, and opportunists. All traits I despise, preying on other people’s misery. There’s a special place in hell for those kinds of people and I hope they find it quickly. I’ll add,raising the price of lumber overnight to insane prices seems predatory to me but I’m a proponent of capitalism and I think plywood is traded as a commodity, so I guess that’s the price you pay living in the greatest country in the world. Being prepared doesn’t seem so far off base when life hits you hard.
    As a east coaster,
    I will say, if one lives in a hurricane zone and they dont have plywood already cut for windows and doors. They arn't prepared for a hurricane.

nagantoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Newburgh
    Sadly some people were disarmed by the police in Louisiana, making them targets for looters..My Daughter, and son-in-law live in Florida, he has 2 daughters, and is a Marine combat vet...I'm sure looters would be carried out.........
    I left FL a couple years back to live here in sunny IN ( :D ) but IIRC they changed the law in FL not so long ago such that in times of civil emergency, CCW legislation is suspended; anyone can carry. (FL does not, or at least did not 3-4 years ago, have constitutional carry). So, the opposite of disarmament - if the storm hits, and you want to carry defense while you're evacuating your family, you don't need papers for that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Supply and demand.

When the demand for product spikes overnight, costs will naturally increase.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I published this before in other threads, but it bears repeating now. When I was a kid growing up in New York City, it is burned into my mind that stores had signs in their windows that said "LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT". How sad that times have changed so that now, 60 some years later the NYC government has taken the firearms from the honest people and let armed criminals run loose.

So glad that I left The City back when it was still a reasonable place to live. No more.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The sad part of the story is that people have to be reminded that stealing is illegal and can carry heavy consequences.
    Far too many lack an innate basic level of respect for others, in general, in time of need, in emergencies, etc...
    Having respect for others entails a level of maturity that too many fail to achieve in life nowadays anyhow! :(

Top Bottom