• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Fletch, we're getting old. I bought a new S10 right before I left for the army. I has plans to put sweet rims on it and then I realized how much I already spent on the brand new tires and rims that were on it. I wouldn't have over 16" tires and wheels. They cost enough, let alone thes 24's.

To the OP, to each is there own. Do they get you down the road better?

Don't always have a choice if you need a vehicle that doesn't put anything smaller than 17" on them. None of the Ford SDs have anything smaller than 17" these days.

EDIT: OP, is that a 7.3 or a 6.0? And if it's a 6.0, have you had any of the notorious problems yet?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm pricing a John Deere gator now and they want $8-900 for the upgraded aluminum rims and tires. I'm going to pass on those.

Everybody has their own interests. As long as somebody isn't asking me to pay for or subsidize those interests, I'm only entitled toy opinion.

BTW, the op truck does look nice.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Thanks guys.

EDIT: OP, is that a 7.3 or a 6.0? And if it's a 6.0, have you had any of the notorious problems yet?

Its a 7.3. With what I see at work, its the only engine I'd own. Yes. I work on the 6.0, have been for the past 2 years. I have seen everything

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Thanks guys.

Its a 7.3. With what I see at work, its the only engine I'd own. Yes. I work on the 6.0, have been for the past 2 years. I have seen everything

Yes, they do have their problems, don't they? Too bad the 6.4s have such sucky fuel efficiency or we'd opt for one of those. But as it is, the 6.0 issues are avoidable and with a ECT/EOT monitor, you can catch the worst of it before the crap happens.

Top Bottom