• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I just took another look at your original post. You mentioned that it was your brother that related your step-dad's words. Has your step dad even confronted you about it personally? If not, just let it go until he does. You pays your bills you takes your chance. It's got nothing to do with him since you don't live under his roof.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I just took another look at your original post. You mentioned that it was your brother that related your step-dad's words. Has your step dad even confronted you about it personally? If not, just let it go until he does. You pays your bills you takes your chance. It's got nothing to do with him since you don't live under his roof.

yes he has and my good buddy tclem24 was there to hear it. on the good side of things my step dad came up to my house to help me take care of some work and throughout the time he was over he never noticed i was cc and didnt say anything about it. maybe he just needed time to get used to it. i also agree 100% with other posts that state a class would be a good idea for the both of us. the more knowledge the better.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    It would be a "hater" move on his part to throw it away without talking to you first, but if your in his house gotta play by his rules, grown ass or not, but i know how you feel, my fiance didn't want me to have my LTCH, so i told her "Look in down my pants, I've been packin'!"

dougd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of Terre Haute
    For my 18th birthday, mom took me to the sheriffs to get my permit, dad brought me home a G17 and my grandpa handed me his 357 ruger. But maybe that is the difference in being raised around guns... My wife had never been around them, and now she AND her father both have their own pistols. I guess you could look at it as a way to convert more gun owners.

Terry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    I've been carrying for many years and have never had to use the weapon. Carrying is one thing, just be sure you can use it if you have to or the results can be a total disaster.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You forgot about leaving all the tags and stickers on the clothes and hat!

HEE HAW THUG >
    minniepearl03-280x336.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I can only assume its one (or more) of a few things...

1) Control Issues, caused by some sort of empty nest syndrome.
    2) Fear that having a firearm on you might get you into trouble or hurt.
    3) Trying to make an example out of you to your sibbling for a alpha dog reason.
    4) Prob. more, but that is all I can make up right now.

None of which are truely justifiable. When it comes down to it your well with in your rights......PERIOD.

Medic

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    I can only assume its one (or more) of a few things...

1) Control Issues, caused by some sort of empty nest syndrome.
    2) Fear that having a firearm on you might get you into trouble or hurt.
    3) Trying to make an example out of you to your sibbling for a alpha dog reason.
    4) Prob. more, but that is all I can make up right now.

None of which are truely justifiable. When it comes down to it your well with in your rights......PERIOD.

Medic

i can agree with #'s 1 and 2... not 3 my bro and sis make fun of me for cc... i have a feeling they will get more at ease with it after some getting used to it.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    ADT - I'm your age, a soldier in the IN NG and my father still feels the same way as your stepfather! Only difference is he respects MY apt. MY permit and MY guns. He doesn't allow me to carry in his home, which i respect because it's his house (just lock it in the car) Be patient, he'll slowly come around, if he's anything like my old man he's just worried you'll try and play hero (not recommended) and get hurt. Favorite question i get is "why do you need a gun anyway? I've been on this earth over twice as long as you and have never needed one!"

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I get the same thing from my brother almost everytime I see him. I love him to death, but it gets quite old.

He is very very intelligent but yet he is under the blindfold of the "No one needs a full automatic weapon", which I can somewhat agree with. But the thing is that it doesn't end there with the government, you give an inch they'll take a mile and file the win under the "In the best interest of/for the people". Then again he has turned from a sole thinker that took what he hears and mixes in logic and common sense and comes up with a hypothesis into a mass media zombie. It honestly gets me pissed when people listen to the news and then run spread the "gospel word" like wild fire and believe every word they hear.

When I first got my handgun and LTCH he was about the only one to really put me down. His words were, "Why'd you get a gun, Does it make you feel like a bigger man?". I'm 400lbs at around 6ft, I don't need anything in the world to make me feel like a bigger man. :xmad: I try and keep my cool everytime, and I back up my thoughts with logical scenarios, real world facts, and the down right truth. This world is getting to be a mess and I don't want to be another statistic if I can help it.

Today, (Easter Sunday/Nephews birthday) it started out with a failed attempt to pose Glenn Beck and Michael Moore as instigators and trouble makers to say the least. The reason this got brought up is that the last time I was at his house we talked about ammo prices and such or something along the lines I think and I told him that it's a scare that people feel the need to stock up in case things are changed for the worse, such as ammo taxes, gun taxes, so on and so forth. And that it was word that Osama was wanting to pass a ban that would raise these items to a higher price in which would be no different than a storm coming and people stocking up on food. So he slurs out "People are pissed off at Glenn Beck and M.M. for spreading lies about the gun ban", which was just said because of what I had said last time. You know? just like if you had told someone about something like gas prices going to be going up, and if they don't go up immediately then they tell you a story where some idiot told them that gas was going up, but yet they don't remember who told them :dunno::rolleyes:. So I reply back that just because they pass a law that makes it illegal to have/possess a full auto weapon that it isn't going to stop the criminals. Marijuana, is illegal yet people smoke it/sell it/grow it, what's any different? So I put it in his shoes and asked him (attacked him, as gun owners are) Just because you got your license revoked because of not paying a speeding ticket/moving violation do you think that it's right to take everyone else's license because of your mistake? This shut him up and ended the attacks but his last words over the topic were, "See look an AK47 was used to kill those people"... I chuckled and then cont. my rant in the car from Greenfield to New Castle.

Hell if we are going to idiotic over the topic then lets do it right and ban women, because they can kill you,cars, trains,planes,forks,knives,Big Macs,Monster Burgers....

Top Bottom