• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, I was out gun browsing the other weekend when I stumbled upon a good deal. I've always wanted a Sig P938 and ZX Guns in Fort Wayne had one for $20 less than Bud's price (pre-shipping and FFL transfer fees). I compared it to a CM9 and they're practically the same size. I couldn't tell a difference in weight either, though I'm sure there is a little.

It walked out the door with me and I've put a couple hundred rounds through it. I honestly shoot it better than my CM9 and love it, especially the SAO setup. Enough talking:

sig1.jpg

sig2.jpg

sig3.jpg

If anyone would be interested in a write-up in the differences of size between this and a CM9, CW9, Glock 27, or Keltec P3AT, I'd be happy to oblige (with pictures too). At any rate, thanks for looking!

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I just got the P238 for my girlfriend, and although we haven't had the time to take it out and shoot it yet, the more I mess around with it, the more I start to really like it! I can't wait to take it out and shoot it for the first time. Been trying to wait for a decently warm day so we can spend a bit of time getting her acquainted with it. If I like it as much after firing it, as I do before firing it, I will probably get myself the 938 in the near future.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got a 238, and when things workout ill also have a 938… Great pistol, congrats!

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Man-now I have to go and start looking closer at these in the lgs-congrats on this one!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    After 19 handguns, my wife cut me off...for now. With 2 CM9s and 3 P238s, 1 of them is actually hers, I have decided when I finally do get handgun #20, it will certainly be a P938. Well...I am a little jealous. Congrats!

th_downsized_1015131135_zpsed5f1d3c.jpg

This helps me to not be too jealous. They are nice aren't they?

Last edited:

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the feedback and kind words everyone! I'm going to find a good way to review this pistol and get back with everyone.

For those of you who mentioned the P238: I carried a Colt Mustang Pocketlite for a while and they are honestly very similar guns. The recoil is a lot tamer in the P938 than I thought it would be. Go for it ;)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Congradulations on the new toy! Always a good day when you bring home something new!

A friend of mine has a P238...and she loves it! My sister-in-law has one too...she really likes it!

Personally...if I were to get a .380, I would probably get an older Sig P232! Just a personal preference!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Nice gun. My brother went to Whittakers in KY to buy a shield 9mm and they were out of them by the time he got to the counter (They always have a line on saturday) There was a guy looking at a P938 and told the guy he would think about it while he browsed. The employee was about to put the gun away and my brother said don't put it away I'll take it. The original looker was not happy but snooze and you lose.

McGraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Brockton
    Congrats on the new purchase. Your good first impressions make it even more frustrating that I can't buy one in the peoples republic of MA. I've wanted one since I heard they made a big brother for the 238. Keeping my fingers crossed that Sig decides to submit it for MA approval. On a side note has any else heard the rumor Sig may be stepping away from the civilian market to do exclusively LE/military?

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Great find and Congrats on your purchase. That's one beautiful gun. I've been wanting to get a P238, will get more serious looking for one after the holidays. I would be interested in reading your review and comparison.

Top Bottom