You would think buying a new house would be fun....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My wife found our house on the third house she looked at. While it isn't what I wanted all together, it has many things I did. Eventually we will switch with her parents on houses and I will get what I wanted (land, garages, garden, etc in the county). For now, I shouldn't have to change light bulbs ever again at this house. Once we replace a light fixture in the bathroom and put LED light bulbs in it, every single bulb in the house will be led.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    then you make it a turkey sammich which strikes me as fey.

1. Turkey is delicious.

2. You can buy Cajun turkey.

turkey is for metrosexuals who are trying keep a trim figure so the other girls won't talk behind their backs.

But I put bacon on them and cut the bread extra thick that I buy at the Farmer's Market, when I go shopping in my sandals and yoga pants.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, we're gun guys, we can trade a 44 in for two 22s. Seems like there should be some decimals in there somewhere. I've bought one house, and that was when I was alone. That was enough for me, and I didn't have other people thinking they were entitled to an opinion. The window would be easy, but it sounds like the other people got themselves over a barrel for you. You should be able to get a good estimate of the value, and they're just going to have to realize they're going to eat some of it.

Had to make myself a sammich after the retarded black (meth) lab stole my bratwurst (m'lady was out doing making-money stuff) but I used roast beast. Oh, the joys of homeownership, though; I replaced one of the elements in the water heater this afternoon. Reckon I should drain that more often, but I had an excuse last year.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Touchy?

First of all, it does have a pending foreclosure and I'm not interested in hypotheticals. I said "realistic". The house has been for sale for almost 4 months and the indications we get is that they have not shown it much. My price range is where they should be if they want to sell it which is about 90% of what they are asking. It's the market, my friend. If they want the foreclosure to run its course, that's their business, but it seems like that's a great way to ensure you get even less than I would offer.

...and Kirk....wow, just wow. First you say something all macho about making a a sammich....then you make it a turkey sammich which strikes me as fey. There are many choices- corned beef, ham, olive loaf, football loaf, old-fashioned, and on and on....turkey is for metrosexuals who are trying keep a trim figure so the other girls won't talk behind their backs.
    They may not have much of a choice in pricing if they are attempting to get approval for a short sale.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Alright- next step.

Valparaiso area- there are some relatively minor issues that arose in the home inspection of the house we are selling. I need the furnace cleaned and safety inspected, a couple of very minor plumbing issues and a little electrical work.

Any recommendations for economical work? Honestly, about 80% of this stuff, I can do, but to satisfy the buyer, I need to have a professional.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    One of the most stressful things a couple can do! I wanted to move into the country and was ready to settle a lot quicker than my husband. He was too picky, and I just wanted out of our small house in town (but with a big yard), so I was too anxious. We could never agree, and any time that I thought we'd made a decision, he changed his mind. Finally decided to remodel our house and quit looking. I'm happier now that we finally put up privacy fence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of the most stressful things a couple can do! I wanted to move into the country and was ready to settle a lot quicker than my husband. He was too picky, and I just wanted out of our small house in town (but with a big yard), so I was too anxious. We could never agree, and any time that I thought we'd made a decision, he changed his mind. Finally decided to remodel our house and quit looking. I'm happier now that we finally put up privacy fence.

Sounds like a good solution.

Both my wife and I wanted more property, so there was no way our 1/4 acre was going to satisfy us, even though we like our house.

We have made an offer on a house, so we will see.

As to the home inspection issues raised above, I now have the HVAC and plumbing covered, so I just need a little electrical work.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I actually like buying a house. I especially like the negotiating part. When we bought our last house I fired the first realtor because I wanted to make an offer on a house and he thought it was to low and would not make the offer. I told him that was fine and I would find someone that would. I got a good deal on that house, for some reason sellers are more motivated in late fall as they start thinking about heating an empty house all winter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think this is the beginning of the end. Have agreed on a price for the house we are buying and are waiting for the written contract to sign very soon. Without going into too much detail, both seller and buyer (us) should be happy, but we got it exactly where we needed it to be.

3/4 of the home inspection items on our house will be fixed Monday with some simple electrical items to remain and fixed very soon. Should be closing towards the end of September.

Top Bottom