• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Well, we wouldn't want criminals to take personal responsibility. The "My mommy didn't love me enough" excuse got old so they have to come up with other excuses instead of having the criminals say "I did it and I have no one to blame but me so lock me away."

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How would you pronounce this child’s name? "Le-a"???

It's pronounced "Ledasha" Oh yes... you read it right.

When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said

"the dash don't be silent."

My bet is the mother isn't writing in Ron Paul.

(I've shared this one before in forum posts, it still cracks me up when I see the name).

TK :patriot:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Stacey. My name is "Stacey."

b-ring
    "Hi, we're looking for Stacey. Is she in?"
    Bass voice: "This is HE."

Thank gawd I hit 225# and 6'3". Keep your cute or gender-mushy names. My roommate in college? "Kelly." Yep, Kelly and Stacey.

I've got a son of my own now. Name? Gabe.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Stacey. My name is "Stacey."

b-ring
    "Hi, we're looking for Stacey. Is she in?"
    Bass voice: "This is HE."

Thank gawd I hit 225# and 6'3". Keep your cute or gender-mushy names. My roommate in college? "Kelly." Yep, Kelly and Stacey.

I've got a son of my own now. Name? Gabe.

Good stuff!!

I know a guy named Stacey and he's a big boy too.

That Kelly and Stacey thing is pretty good though!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Kelly and Stacey I bet there is quite a lot of bar fights there!
    I'm just a quiet, humble, peaceful man trying to make it in a cold, harsh world. ;)

Funny thing was, if buddies (guys) were coming to our dorm/apt., the girlfriends had all kinds of questions about the the heck "Kelly and Stacey" were.

Girls? No questions from boyfriends. :)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I do truly believe that the name you give a child can reflect poorly upon that child. If your kid goes through school with a name that can easily be made fun of, it will indeed be used that way. Depending on how that kid can accept the teasing can determine how they will grow up. You can love your kid tremendously and that love from just a parent may or may not be enough if the kid is getting picked on.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    My wife's last name is Tsuboi (she kept her last name when we were married). Most English speakers, when attempting to pronounce it, come up with something close to "Sue Boy."

I absolutely refused to have that name attached to our children. I had enough trouble with "corruptions" of my own name growing up, but "Sue Boy."

I want no child of mine thinking he or she was living in a Johnny Cash song.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A good friend of mine in college has a sister named Ryan.

Ryan began dating and eventually married Brian.

Ryan and Brian.

Raised an eyebrow or two when ever I'd tell folks who I'd been hanging out with. hehe

-J-

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My name is Tracy and I had a girlfriend named Traci way back in high school.

I use to get made fun of as a child, I sometimes disliked my name, wanting to change it or use my middle name, but now I like it. Plus I think my middle name is nerdy...Eugene

It's still pretty funny because sales people come in all of the time looking for Tracy and I say "That's me!" and they are always baffled and stumbling for words.

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    My name is Tracy and I had a girlfriend named Traci way back in high school.

I use to get made fun of as a child, I sometimes disliked my name, wanting to change it or use my middle name, but now I like it. Plus I think my middle name is nerdy...Eugene

It's still pretty funny because sales people come in all of the time looking for Tracy and I say "That's me!" and they are always baffled and stumbling for words.

I guess they never heard of Tracy Lawrence?

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I have to laugh at this so called research on names and the indication that the name you give your child determines his or her outcome in life is ludicrous to say the least.

There is the possibility that no matter what background any person comes from that they may still end up a criminal. The way a person is raised can be the determining factor here, but even with proper upbringing there are no guarantees.

All we can do as parents is to do the best we can and hope that our efforts are rewarded in that our children grow up as good people. I know plenty of guys with feminine sounding names and women with masculine sounding names. And yet they are all fine people.

So name your children what you want and bring them up in the right way and disregard this dribble that claims to be science.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    We all remember Ivan the Terrible, don't we? now I know it wasn't his fault.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am just going to skip the whole naming process when I have a child. I'll just give them a number that way the can't be criminals when the grow up. Right?

Top Bottom