• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    Ebay is a California owned and operated company. Logic and common sense doesnt apply. I'm curius about your second link where you say it was to a threaded pistol barrel... its a dead link now. In California if your pistol has threads or the ability to accept a silencer (lugs) its an Assault Weapon. There are people paid to search the sport section. They get an alert for every item placed. If they deem the item "ok" they can stop others from flagging it, but if they flag the item its dead right there. This is why the airsoft sellers get away with selling stuff that normal people cant.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The listing has been removed but there are many more with similar characteristics.
    At least I know I am not being singled out.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The last time I listed something on eBay was years ago when they started charging the seller 10% of the shipping charges. I had a $5 item purchased by someone in China that selected overnight shipping. The shipping was over $60 so I lost more money in the 10% for shipping than what I got for the item, plus still had the other fees to pay and the hassle of shipping it. I complained to eBay and, naturally, was politely told to pay up.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    eBay cancelled my auction for a Thompson sling as an "assault weapon accessory". I did an eBay search and there were 20 other Thompson slings listed. Ebay said that someone must have reported my sling, so the auction was cancelled. As a test, I reported ALL 20 of the other Thompson slings, and NOT ONE of the auctions were cancelled. They also cancelled my auction for a WWII M8 bayonet scabbard as an "assault weapon". They said that there IS an assault weapon called an M8, so my scabbard was cancelled. Their feedback policy and return policies are ridiculous. It is IMPOSSIBLE to leave neutral or negative feedback for a buyer, even if they do not go through with the sale. The buyer can destroy your item and send it back in pieces and eBay will FORCE you to refund their money by TAKING the funds from your PayPal account. Ebay has become such a joke that I no longer list ANYTHING with them.

This has been my experience as well.
    My Father passed away 3 years ago, he was somewhat of a hoarder.
    He had nothing in his name, no insurance policy, no home (that was his), he was not homeless. No car and very little of value. He did have some guns, which I had to sell most of them to pay his funeral expenses.
    Anyway, he was also a hard core armature photographer, I have started researching and selling (read mostly listing) his camera gear. It is all from the 1990's and early 2000's, all 35mm. So it is stuff with a limited market.
    Anyway I had listed and sold on ebay a light meter. Was very specific that it worked, is in excellent condition, sold "AS IS" with no return.

Two hours after it was delivered the buyer contacted me saying it didn't work and not only did he want a refund, but wants me to pay the return shipping as well.
    Basically I offered "free" shipping on my items at the time, as that is what ebay encourages a seller to do, I am an individual not a company, I actually have to pay to ship it.
    It sold for $115 dollars, ebay took $11.50 and paypal took $3.64, shipping was another $7.20, after all was said and done that left me clearing $94 dollars and some change.

What I suspect happened was one of three things:
    Buyer's remorse.
    He found one cheaper.
    Or he needed it for a photo shoot, and basically "rented" it for free.
    I suspect this wasn't his first rodeo, he knew it would take at least a week, that way he could use it, and then send it back.
    As soon as ebay sees that it was delivered , they wasted no time in taking money from my paypal account.
    This is how buyers can get away with sending trash and rocks back to sellers.
    I was lucky enough to get it back in the same condition, instead of let's say a brick or trash or rocks, seen countless video's of sellers getting screwed by buyers on ebay.

I spent well over an hour, and spoke with 3 different people just to get my return shipping fees and final auction fees back.
    I screwed up and left him feedback after he paid, that is how I found out the hard way about one more way a seller gets screwed, you cannot leave negative or neutral feedback for a buyer.
    I have contacted ebay asking them to remove the positive feedback I left, and they have not, so as a buyer it makes him look like a good buyer to other unsuspecting sellers.

Only one of the three people at ebay I spoke with felt like their policy was unfair to sellers, the other two ignored or switched gears every single time I tried to mention something negative about the buyer.
    I also found that if you look at someone's profile on ebay, you can see how many accounts and user names they have had, or currently have.
    Just like here, I have ONE user name and account. I mentioned that my buyer had two user name's and accounts, and he had been a seller himself at one time. I suggested that he could have been shill bidding his own auctions if they took a bid.
    Basically they didn't want to hear that, and kept telling me they would look into it. I doubt they ever did, they just wanted to get me off of the phone.

Sorry to thread jack, but ebay is a hot topic with me right now.

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I used to have a nice side business buying, fixing and reselling laptop computers, business phone systems and other misc computer parts on ebay, but with their policies getting more and more "california-esc" I have stopped dealing with them at all. One guy that is in Indiana was a frequent buyer of business phone systems I got during upgrades and we touched base so now we just deal privately with each other. Saves us both a lot of time and money.

I still have a couple of searches running on ebay, looking for a cheap Dillon 450 to use for 30 carbine and 223/556 some day since my Square Deal is only good for pistol calibers. Someday I will find me a Butler Creek Packer takedown stock for a 10/22 at a cheap price when I have something in my slush fund. I have picked up several pairs of good old Bates Goretex boots like I had in Lackland so many years ago. I keep a pair in just about every vehicle...

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I was thinking at least we now know who the narcs are.
    :tinfoil: Why hello ATF.
    Whatever. Letting garbage like that happen IN THE OPEN makes everyone of us that’s in this life look like a bunch of lawless criminal hicks and hillbillies.

Point is, eBay flags crap that is legal and unregulated for no good reason BUT lets that crap go on because they don’t really care.

Moreover, I’ve seen every gun community site I’m involved with call the damn ATF on every liberal idiot who decided to chop their AR15 barrel to “destroy” it with the intent to report them for NFA violations, I reported to ebay not the feds, grow up

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    eBay cancelled my auction for a Thompson sling as an "assault weapon accessory". I did an eBay search and there were 20 other Thompson slings listed. Ebay said that someone must have reported my sling, so the auction was cancelled. As a test, I reported ALL 20 of the other Thompson slings, and NOT ONE of the auctions were cancelled. They also cancelled my auction for a WWII M8 bayonet scabbard as an "assault weapon". They said that there IS an assault weapon called an M8, so my scabbard was cancelled. Their feedback policy and return policies are ridiculous. It is IMPOSSIBLE to leave neutral or negative feedback for a buyer, even if they do not go through with the sale. The buyer can destroy your item and send it back in pieces and eBay will FORCE you to refund their money by TAKING the funds from your PayPal account. Ebay has become such a joke that I no longer list ANYTHING with them.

Just do what I do, my PayPal is not tied to a bank acct but rather my Discover card. That way if there is a dispute I just call Discover, get the charge reversed, and let Discovercard and PayPal duke it out among themselves.

Top Bottom