• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Glock 21 2nd generation. I've owned 1911's, but for reliability, capacity, weight, ease of field stripping, and to fit my hands there is no better choice. 1911's have dozens, (if not hundreds) of manufacturers, but only Glock makes Glock's (though there are several imitations out there). There has to be a reason police officers across the country did not carry 1911's, but revolvers, until Glock came to America and the world.

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    I have 2 full sizes 1911's one a springfield and one a s&w with rail both are great guns, and I have a springfield champion that has a 4 1/4 bbl and a para with a 3 1/2 bbl with the para you can tell some difference but with the champion not much I hear it is because you have less slide mass coming back so recoil seems less, the only 45 that i have shot that reciol was no problem was my glocks, frame absorbs it up, that is how it feels to me

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Currently, my favorite 45 is my CZ97B. It's big, heavy and really accurate. Accurate enough to make me look better than I have any right to look. I also like the 10+1 capacity. Next would be my RIA Compact. After that, It's a bit of a toss up between a couple of Kimbers, a Springfield full size and a Bersa 45UC.

The Kimbers are nicer guns than the Rock, but I just love the Rock for some reason. If the Kimbers were a sports car, the Rock would be a pickup truck. Nothing fancy, but completely utilitarian. Then there's the Bersa. It's a fun gun to shoot, it's reasonably accurate and it carries well. I've never had a single issue when shooting it.

Ok, 3 years later and the CZ 97 has been sold. The Bersa is gone as well. I still have the Rock and one of the Kimbers but have to say that my current favorite among 45s is a Remington R1S. Something about the cheaper guns that I find satisfying I guess. The Kimber I still have has been carried a lot in that time and is getting shabby looking but it has still yet to fail. It's a close second to the Remington right now. I think my only issue with the Kimber is the aluminum frame. I have a fear of wearing it out, so it only gets shot once a month or so. There is a bit of peening happening were the guide rod meets the frame but other than that it's good.

BTW, going through these old posts is interesting in the number of people that used to be very active that have disappeared over the years.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    It's a tie between 1911 commander size and then the hybrid 1911 that is a commander size slide and barrel with a officer size frame makes for a perfect EDC

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    My favorite 45acp is/are a pair of Taurus Model 945's. They shoot as good as they look.

13291.jpg

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    SIG guy Think you are describing a
    COLT CCO I just bought 1 at the VALPO gun show
    Favorite 45 colt full size
    rock tactical full size
    rock Cs.
    s&W 4516-2
    Uberti schofield
    Colt SAA
    ATI commander
    Springfield1911-a1

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    I was describing the Sig Sauer 1911 compact I just picked one up last Sunday and got one of there 1911-22 in olive drab for $99 :D but colt cco works just as well lol Sig is really weird they call there commander models "carry" and there officer frame with commander slide "compact"

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Gotta love the .45ACP. I really like my 1911's, but the favorite of my .45s is my P220R Carry SAO. Trigger is nearly 1911 smooth and it just plain feels great in my hand.

wtg387.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Geez, might has well of asked me which child I love more. I couldn't pick one favorite, each I bought for different reasons. Love my Colts 1911's, so much so that I keep on buying more of them. I just bought a HK Mark 23 that I'm growing very fond of. My XDm for the money is one of the best .45 made. And of course my lil XDs.45's are alittle tough on the paws to shoot, but the concealablity of this gun is unmatched. If I had to pick one as my favorite, guess my Colts would edge out my XDm by a nose.

Top Bottom