• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    The Outlaw Josey Whales is by far #1, I even named my cat Josey Whales. "to hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ahhhh, Last of the Dogmen was great, and nobody mentioned Dances with Wolves.

As far as actors in older westerns John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Jimmie Stewart, Gary Cooper, Alan Ladd (Shane), Lee Marvin, Henry Fonda, Robert Duvall, Richard Widmark, Robert Redford, Tom Selleck, Walter Brennan, Audie Murphy... man what a great list of actors, and that's not including any of the newer actors.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Since the title of the thread just says "western" and doesn't specify movie, my favorite westerns were mostly all TV series.

Shane - The TV series with David Carradine (The movie too.) The namesake for my firstborn.

The Guns of Will Sonnett - Walter Brennan "...no brag, just fact."

The Big Valley - Beautiful blonde Audra and the aristocratic Barbara Stanwyck as Victoria Barkley

The Rifleman - Chuck Connors

Wyatt Earp - Hugh O'Brian

Have Gun Will Travel - Richard Boone as Paladin

Bat Masterson - Gene Barry

Wild, Wild West - kind of corny but they had cool toys

Sky King, Flicka, Fury - Saturday morning serials

I guess that list pretty much shows how old I am. I was only in grade school for those Saturday morning serials.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The Outlaw Josie Wales. ("When I get to likin' somebody, they ain't around too long." "I notice when you get to dislikin' somebody they ain't around too long either.")
    Big Jake. ("Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off.")
    Shane ("A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.")
    The Sons of Katie Elder.

And if you allow TV series:
    "Have Gun, Will Travel."

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    The Outlaw Josie Wales, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, For A Few Dollars More, El Dorado, Big Jake, Unforgiven, Rio Bravo, 3:10 To Yuma, Tombstone... anything John Wayne or Clint Eastwood for that matter

Top Bottom