• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know about all my troubles, but my health care expenditure kicks me in the nuts every single month, and for the first $5000 per person I have to spend every year. So there IS that. I know, I could have made the choice to be independently wealthy, and I still might achieve that, but alas ...

There's a wide gulf between struggling and independently wealthy...and where a person falls on that scale is largely (though not in every facet) a matter of choice.

For instance, some people (not saying you) complain about their financial circumstances and refuse to work more than 40 hours per weak. Others complain about their health insurance costs (again, not saying you) and drive a car with a $500+ monthly payment or live in a house with a $1,600+/monthly payment. All are choices.

Education, profession, expenses....all choices.

Do politicians cost us more money than they should? Sure, and there's something we can do about that in the longer term, but usually there are much more immediate things that we can do that are within our control.

Finally, for most of human history the vast majority of the population did not know how to pay for health care if it was available at all and didn't have any guarantee of next week's meals. If we are living in a decent house with health insurance and food whenever we want it, but not much left over, we are actually doing pretty well.

Last edited:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Everything you say here is 100% correct, counselor. And honestly, myself and most of the people I know, are living the dream, truely, or have it within their power to make it so. The only reason I registered my little complaint, is because every time I see the names O and P together, I want to punch someone (and I don't mean you :)).

Now I better get back to making money, before the wife catches me goofing off!!

p.s.: Happy New Year!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The title of this thread reminds me the the Purge tv series on Hulu. One of the characters on their targeted people who had 'wronged ' him throughout the past year.

Spoiler, he didn't make it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have had to suffer working with both men and women that complained constantly about the spose. In this I have formulated a theory. When they married it was to mold the other person into the "Perfect" spouse. Completely ignoring what or who that person is/was when they met. When that fails (miserably usually) life is just no longer a happy place.

I watched my 3 sisters do this with multiple husbands. Did no good to even mention it was a fools errand. They were on a mission.

I'm sure you already know this, but I'm going to get up on my soap box for a couple seconds...

Marriage is hard work, and if you want to get the most out of, requires a higher power. Most people have the misconception that so long as you marry the right person, you'll wake up every day in a state of pure bliss, and that if it isn't blissful, it's because they married the wrong person. I don't care who you marry, if you don't take care of them, you're going to be unhappy. That street goes both ways, just for the record. If a husband and wife aren't both sacrificing for each other consistently, they're going to end up resenting each other. No one wants to be with a selfish person, and selfish people typically aren't happy. I haven't met one yet that was satisfied with anything. Maybe they exist, but looking out for #1 all the time, by its nature, means you'll never be content.

/rant

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Everything you say here is 100% correct, counselor. And honestly, myself and most of the people I know, are living the dream, truely, or have it within their power to make it so. The only reason I registered my little complaint, is because every time I see the names O and P together, I want to punch someone (and I don't mean you :)).

Now I better get back to making money, before the wife catches me goofing off!!

p.s.: Happy New Year!

And to you!

giphy.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm sure you already know this, but I'm going to get up on my soap box for a couple seconds...

Marriage is hard work, and if you want to get the most out of, requires a higher power. Most people have the misconception that so long as you marry the right person, you'll wake up every day in a state of pure bliss, and that if it isn't blissful, it's because they married the wrong person. I don't care who you marry, if you don't take care of them, you're going to be unhappy. That street goes both ways, just for the record. If a husband and wife aren't both sacrificing for each other consistently, they're going to end up resenting each other. No one wants to be with a selfish person, and selfish people typically aren't happy. I haven't met one yet that was satisfied with anything. Maybe they exist, but looking out for #1 all the time, by its nature, means you'll never be content.

/rant

You are 100% correct.

....but if my spouse were the devil incarnate, I probably wouldn't be advertising my poor decision making ability even if I didn't want to put in the work.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If my angel turned into a devil, I might want to talk about it with a friend, but you are right, I wouldn't just go spouting off to anyone that would listen.

Top Bottom