Your SHTF get out of town vehicle pictures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The XJ I had to give up was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Hopefully the FJ will be as reliable.

For the Toyota FJ Cruiser, the F stands for gas and the J stands for Jeep.

I just got a call from Firestone that crunched my XJ. They valued the damage at $1,800 and the value of the vehicle at $200. :): So they are going to cut me a check for $700 and let me keep the Jeep. So I figure I can do the body work myself (fender, grill, headlight assy) by going to pick a part and replace the master cyl myself and have a working vehicle again. :rockwoot:

Or I could junk it.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The XJ I had to give up was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Hopefully the FJ will be as reliable.

For the Toyota FJ Cruiser, the F stands for gas and the J stands for Jeep.

I just got a call from Firestone that crunched my XJ. They valued the damage at $1,800 and the value of the vehicle at $200. :): So they are going to cut me a check for $700 and let me keep the Jeep. So I figure I can do the body work myself (fender, grill, headlight assy) by going to pick a part and replace the master cyl myself and have a working vehicle again. :rockwoot:

Or I could junk it.

Value at $200? what a ripoff.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Value at $200? what a ripoff.

That is what they said but offered me $600 and I asked for $800 and we settled on $700. The vehicle is in poor condition with rust really settling in. I have to caulk above my windshield because if I don't, the headliner will get soaked after a rain. With 262K on the Odometer I did expect to get another 40K out of it but even if they had not crunched it and I paid them to fix what needed fixing and then sell it the way it is I would still end up about there so I am not unhappy.

Anybody need parts? LOL

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    With this I have the ground clearance of a Grand Cherokee with more cargo room, better mileage and I am freekin' invisible in any urban environment.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd post a picture, but I don't want all of you truck guys getting jealous of my Chevy Impala.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'd post a picture, but I don't want all of you truck guys getting jealous of my Chevy Impala.

Ok, this is what I really have...a 4x4 El Camino.

54357252.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mine is in my sig file. It's spectacular in any climate though the climate inside is horrible... My heater blows snow in my face. I still love it though

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. I thought range and fuel economy would play a larger role in a SHTF/get-outta-dodge vehicle. Yes, I would love an old lifted wrangler with the I6 bolted to a 5-speed to confidently traverse through hell. However, I think a fuel efficient AWD crossover with decent clearance would win here.

Top Bottom