• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Just looking for a general opinion on lowers? My question i guess is a smith and wesson more desirable than a lmt, or a rock river or vice versa? I notice colts seem to command a lil higher price? What everyone wants a dancin pony? I guess more importantly is there a particular brand I should shy away from. Thanks all

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    If I was to build another AR, I would go with a Spikes tactical. Some people like the upper and lower to match. So they pick the upper they want first, then get a lower to match.
    There are so many lowers out there now. Seems like I see a new one every day. I don't know if there are any truly bad ones, I haven't seen enough of them first hand for a good answer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just looking for a general opinion on lowers? My question i guess is a smith and wesson more desirable than a lmt, or a rock river or vice versa?

"More desirable" in what way? And by whom?

I don't pay much heed to the "fit and finish" aspect of the various brands, as my guns are built to be run and will not stay looking "showroom new" for very long anyway. MHO - as long as all the holes are the right size and in the right place, pick the logo you like the best and/or the lowest price, and buy it.

I notice colts seem to command a lil higher price?

Colt does not sell just lowers, AFAIK. So whenever you see a Colt lower for sale, it came from a complete gun at some point. Those who have Colt lowers to sell will price them higher due to their relative rarity, and because there are a lot of Colt fans out there willing to pay handsomely for them.

My :twocents:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    as long as its not polymer like a hesse or vulcan i really dont care

(no thats not mine, i found it on google)

290t2k6.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I used Daniel Defense lowers.

But thats just cause I can buy them for dealer prices, if not I would probably use Spikes tactical or something cheap.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    MHO - as long as all the holes are the right size and in the right place, pick the logo you like the best and/or the lowest price, and buy it.

I would "at the correct angles" to the above. I have had bad luck with RRA lowers and pistol grip screw hole angles.

Top Bottom