You're in the shower, just ran out of shampoo, what next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When my shampoo bottle is empty, I

• Total voters

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I haven't used a "bar" of soap in 20 years. So that option is out.

I shave my head anyway but I do put conditioner in my beard though.

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Where is the "Use the wife's" option?

This guy's not afraid to smell like a florist...

But really, no shampoo, use body wash ...OR... no body wash, use shampoo... if neither available I pick through the wife's half dozen varieties of each of 4 different products with really long names until I find one I think will do what I want done.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, so let's assume you have hair and use shampoo (many of you can move on to the next thread). You run out of shampoo and have the empty bottle. Do you toss it and get another, tip it upside down and kill time waiting for some to collect, or do you add water, slosh around, and use that slurry?

I have gotten an extra 10 showers out of my empty bottle though it's finally on its last leg now I think.

Where is the "Use the wife's" option?

This guy's not afraid to smell like a florist...

But really, no shampoo, use body wash ...OR... no body wash, use shampoo... if neither available I pick through the wife's half dozen varieties of each of 4 different products with really long names until I find one I think will do what I want done.

Dude, you stole my thunder by 13 minutes on a days old thread. When I run out of shampoo I sometimes use the flowery smelling crap that my wife buys at whole foods that costs way too much. Or, if there's another bottle of what I use I just yell real loud, "Honey, I ran out of shampoo!! Can you get me some?" That usually works because she often replies with, "Don't use up mine!!! I'll bring you some more."

And if we're just plain out, then I add water and make do best I can.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I voted #2. Slurry it up. Gf doesn't like me using her expensive shampoo and I don't like smelling like coconuts so it works out.

I wont lie Ive been know to wash my hair with the bar soap :facepalm:

I do this a lot, especially when I forget to buy new shampoo, but my hair is ¼ inch long so it doesn't really matter.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Who the hell cares about shampoo?!?!?!?! I only freak out when I run out of beer while showering!

I guess nobody else on INGO has to hear their wife complain about you leaving empty beer cans in the shower?

Don't judge me!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who the hell cares about shampoo?!?!?!?! I only freak out when I run out of beer while showering!

I guess nobody else on INGO has to hear their wife complain about you leaving empty beer cans in the shower?

Don't judge me!

How do you keep it from getting watered down?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I buy a big bottle of shampoo and it lasts me for like 3 or 4 months. My wife shaves my head with a 1 guard. My bald(ing) buddies get so pissed. If i do let it grow,mi have a massive amount of hair.

Anyway, my wife has like 3 different bottles of shampoo in the shower. I just use hers.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I use liquid body wash. It's does double duty just fine in a pinch! I have ran out of soap all the way around and just grabbed the Dawn dish soap to get buy! Hey, it works!! Especially if you have oily hair!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Is just running your hair under water and moving on an option? Because I seem to do that often even when I do have shampoo in the shower.

Top Bottom