• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    My daughter got a nice doe tonight, a "11th hour" doe I might add. Shot it at 7:15 PM on the last day. We hunt public land, and I'll say if you can kill deer on public land then you are a true hunter. We had ATV's buzzing behind us people yelling, they knew we were there they didn't care. We were talking about how we got to find some private land to hunt because this was getting old. About ready to call it a bust she sees a doe silloetted behind the wood line. It poped out of a small clearing I could only see ears then nothing. Then BOOM ! I see the deer spin 180 and then silence. Couldn't see anything, did she get it ? do we need to track it ? The 10 min wait was killing me, so we got down and headed over. There it was dead where it stood. The shoot was 85 yds from a tree stand quarting towards. She hit it just above the shoulder, took out the lung, top of heart, other lung and grazed the liver. This with with a Rossi .44 magnum, the best deer hunting money I ever spent, 4 for 4 DIT. We had to walk a mile back to the truck to get the cart and lantern then back a mile to the deer and back to the truck, but we do it the "hard way" and it makes for a better experence in my opinion. Not her first, but just as specail. Just thought I'd share.
    3813860794.jpg

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Very awesome. I can't wait until the day I can take my daughter hunting, she is only 3 so I got a little wait.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Well done young lady. Great looking deer. The smile says it all.

Those are times you will both remember for life.

Years ago when my boy took his first youth deer I had him write down all the events of the day while fresh in his mind. I had to coach him in his writing to help get all the details in but everything was in his words and as he saw it. I slipped it into the empty shotgun slug and put it away. It's really a keepsake now. We both enjoy pulling it out from time to time and reliving the day in detail that both of us may have frogotten over time.

Good job little lady and dad too.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Great job teaching your daughter hunting is a way of life in this great country. Too bad I can't say that for my son, he is a lost soul to firearms.

Top Bottom