• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kreepin2g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    new whiteland
    my son has played travel soccer for the past 4 years and the season is getting ready to start. is it illegal to carry at youth sporting venues like this if it is not at a school. of course i would CC but figured i would get the info if its legal or not. i will also keep an eye out for sign entering the fields for no firearms

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose there are 3 possibilities:

School Property - obviously a no-go. Be aware that schools may own property in some strange places, and if you play against an official school team, you are suddenly on school property!
    Public Property (e.g.: a public park) - Thanks to State Preemption, perfectly legal
    Private Property (e.g.: owned by a private for- or non-profit, like the local soccer club) - They can have whatever policy they want.

I looked into this a while back, since I'd be interested in coaching when my little girl gets old enough. USSF, US Youth Soccer, and Indiana Youth Soccer don't seem to have any rules regarding weapons for anyone (coaches, players, or spectators). Here is a link to the Indiana Soccer Risk Management Plan (http://www.soccerindiana.org/UserFiles/file/Sarah/RiskManagementFinal.doc)

kreepin2g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    new whiteland
    I suppose there are 3 possibilities:

School Property - obviously a no-go. Be aware that schools may own property in some strange places, and if you play against an official school team, you are suddenly on school property!
    Public Property (e.g.: a public park) - Thanks to State Preemption, perfectly legal
    Private Property (e.g.: owned by a private for- or non-profit, like the local soccer club) - They can have whatever policy they want.

I looked into this a while back, since I'd be interested in coaching when my little girl gets old enough. USSF, US Youth Soccer, and Indiana Youth Soccer don't seem to have any rules regarding weapons for anyone (coaches, players, or spectators). Here is a link to the Indiana Soccer Risk Management Plan (http://www.soccerindiana.org/UserFiles/file/Sarah/RiskManagementFinal.doc)

thank you im going to read up on that

Top Bottom