• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I am putting this under handguns because that is where I have the most problems. Here is my beef:

On youtube there hasn't been any unwritten rules created about firearms. Here today I would like to start some. If anyone has any, feel free to let your gripes fly.

1. Don't spend 20 minutes saying the same thing over and over again while your gun is out of focus the whole time.

2. Do not show yourself shooting the gun at the end of the video. I want to see stuff go bang first, then I might listen to you tell me specs I already know.

3. Don't bash guns just because you don't them. Unless it's an actual informative video on the handgun and some pros and cons listed unbiased, I don't really care why you don't like Glocks, 1911s, or any other gun that haters pick on. So what you had one bad experience with a Taurus. Some people have not and trust them.

Let me know if you guys got any.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Unless you have at least 10 years experience shooting, know how to use a camera, have an I.Q. above 105, and look like you bathe at least five times a week, don't make
    any gun videos. That should eliminate at least 60% of all gun videos.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't think there really is a need to do them, IMO. However, I do watch them when I am bored and have noticed some things that bother me. So I'm guessing you don't have anything that bothers you?

I only watch gun videos from a few Youtubers that make quality videos so I dont bother with the ones who make lower quality ones for whatever reason (bad audio, low lighting, no knowledge of the subject etc).
    Whoever I think the content is more important than the form.For example I watch all of James Yeager's videos even though some can be a bit out of focus sometimes or have dizzy effects.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I only watch gun videos from a few Youtubers that make quality videos so I dont bother with the ones who make lower quality ones for whatever reason (bad audio, low lighting, no knowledge of the subject etc).
    Whoever I think the content is more important than the form.For example I watch all of James Yeager's videos even though some can be a bit out of focus sometimes or have dizzy effects.

Ok, buddy. Whatever you say. I was just trying to poke some fun and get a little entertainment tonight. Guess I should have just stuck with bacon or something.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I vote for skipping the "unboxing" part, and get right to the good stuff - strip it, reassemble it, and shoot it!

Hickok is one of my personal favorites, and I like the "MAC" guy too. The Mrs. might disagree, but how cool would it be to have both of those guys for neighbors?!?

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I vote for skipping the "unboxing" part, and get right to the good stuff - strip it, reassemble it, and shoot it!

Hickok is one of my personal favorites, and I like the "MAC" guy too. The Mrs. might disagree, but how cool would it be to have both of those guys for neighbors?!?

Love Hickok. I think he makes the best videos IMO.
    Guns-Mrs. The age old delimma.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have considered doing some of my own reviews. Here are some of the things that bother me:
    People that mumble or do not speak clearly and confidently.
    Poor lighting.
    Background noises.
    Out of focus cameras.
    Saying "um" too many times.
    Someone that appears they really don't know what they are talking about.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I have considered doing some of my own reviews. Here are some of the things that bother me:
    People that mumble or do not speak clearly and confidently.
    Poor lighting.
    Background noises.
    Out of focus cameras.
    Saying "um" too many times.
    Someone that appears they really don't know what they are talking about.
    I'm no public speaker which is why I would not do a video, but these are the same ones that bother me to the point I move to a different video. Sometimes a monotone speaker has the same result.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, some people are not professional directors/artist/publc speakers.
    If the video is too awful, then yes I move on.
    But because a person is new to the camera, or public speaking doesn't mean they have nothing valuable to say.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Bad audio is my first pet peeve, and a close second is those long*ss promos at the beginning with their business name or their username over a flag or something for like the first thirty seconds.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm no public speaker which is why I would not do a video, but these are the same ones that bother me to the point I move to a different video. Sometimes a monotone speaker has the same result.
    I've been working on trying to put my psychological research into the anti-gun mindset into video and this is the issue I'm faced with. In person, during a class, etc. I'm not a monotone speaker, but that's because you're interacting with live people. When trying to put content in video and nobody is around and trying to reference a great deal of notes, it's difficult to not sound sort of monotone compared to normal speech.

Top Bottom