• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Recently found this Youtube show that was extremely interesting since I'm trying to start my own homestead. They do it in the style of a TV show and generally have decent video quality (although audio could use some work when the wind picks up). If nothing else it's cool to see how these folks live up in the Ozarks with their livestock and such.

First episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTju3L1BhGI

They're up to episode 8 last I checked, and each episode is about 15-25 minutes long depending on the episode.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    They had to have started with some good amount of cash unless this is a build up of years but everything looks new. Not saying that its not what it is, just saying I would have to go much slower and smaller then they have.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    They had to have started with some good amount of cash unless this is a build up of years but everything looks new. Not saying that its not what it is, just saying I would have to go much slower and smaller then they have.

I'm not certain, but it appears that they may have taken funds from severe downsizing of possessions and such for an early influx of cash. I agree with you, though, not exactly possible for most.

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    if you are looking for a working homestead, check out wranglerstar on youtube. He's a woodland firefighter as well. Its a great channel that he uploads a few vids a week.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    the older couple (father and father in law) said they sold their rental properties (plural) so that helps , it appears that all the equipment is new trucks chainsaws 2 new manufactured homes(they stated they lived in a 25 foot trailer over the winter, that had to be fun ) even the greenhouse is definitely new. They have much better finances than I do and way way better building skills. (takes nothing away from what they are doing just not a "how too" for most of us. But my tomatoes and peppers looked better so there !!!!!

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Homesteading is very romantic but these folks embody the tried and true plan of how to make a small fortune........ First start with a large fortune then go into farming...

Top Bottom