Youtube users: calling the power if INGO again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    26 here. Remind me and I'll even watch. You will want people to click thumbs up or down and put a word or 2 in the comments. Doesn't matter thumb direction, just that it gets clicked. Indicates interaction.

yep. Interaction will come later. Just need the numbers pumped up a bit.

and for your bite sized viewing pleasure, we will also upload sermon only videos so you can get to the message without listening to us caterwauling songs. :):

better yet, come and visit on Sunday am. We’re just up the road from you just north of Camby road on Mendenhall. ( we are gun friendly church)

ETA: service starts at 10:30, If you want to say high, I'm the skinny one at the back running technology.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Haven't hit you up in here yet because I don't have an account, but was talking to my professional videographer/editor son today and he said we got set up in less than a week using Google for Nonprofits, earlier this summer. You have to be a 501c3, and it might help to host the emails, calendars and cloud storage though gmail. I'm just sound and just send him a mix so don't know much about it but he is very good with all of it.
    If you would like any help with this he said he'd be happy to help.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Haven't hit you up in here yet because I don't have an account, but was talking to my professional videographer/editor son today and he said we got set up in less than a week using Google for Nonprofits, earlier this summer. You have to be a 501c3, and it might help to host the emails, calendars and cloud storage though gmail. I'm just sound and just send him a mix so don't know much about it but he is very good with all of it.
    If you would like any help with this he said he'd be happy to help.

I actually got us away from G Suite and went to Microsoft 365. It actually cost us less because the former pastor didnt set us up that way, (may not have existed? Probably didnt and now that they are having their lunch eaten by MS are getting drastic to keep subscribers?) and we now pay for one year what we paid Google every month under his tenure for that.

And GSuite isnt what our problem is. Its getting jumping through all of Youtube's specific hoops to get qualified to change the URL from youtube.com/il;mgrklefg-03445945triegr to something human readable based on our name (youtube.com/jimsbaitshop for example)

To do vanity type stuff you have to be an established account that has people showing interest in it. The more gollygeewizbang features you want, the more active and more popular you need to be. First step is vanity URL, second step is verified, which probably wont happen because we will never have that many subscribers.

EDIT: But your son is probably right. We could possibly get that vanity URL by paying them for Gsuite for nonprofits if it happens to be included in the features. But I bet there is no guarantee. And as big as they are, there is no way to force them to do it in exchange for being a paying customer of another business unit if its not automatically included.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I actually got us away from G Suite and went to Microsoft 365. It actually cost us less because the former pastor didnt set us up that way, (may not have existed? Probably didnt and now that they are having their lunch eaten by MS are getting drastic to keep subscribers?) and we now pay for one year what we paid Google every month under his tenure for that.

And GSuite isnt what our problem is. Its getting jumping through all of Youtube's specific hoops to get qualified to change the URL from youtube.com/il;mgrklefg-03445945triegr to something human readable based on our name (youtube.com/jimsbaitshop for example)

To do vanity type stuff you have to be an established account that has people showing interest in it. The more gollygeewizbang features you want, the more active and more popular you need to be. First step is vanity URL, second step is verified, which probably wont happen because we will never have that many subscribers.

EDIT: But your son is probably right. We could possibly get that vanity URL by paying them for Gsuite for nonprofits if it happens to be included in the features. But I bet there is no guarantee. And as big as they are, there is no way to force them to do it in exchange for being a paying customer of another business unit if its not automatically included.

I think a church with a bait shop would be a pretty gollygeewhizbang feature! Go to the early service, pick up your bait on the way out, and head to the lake! :rockwoot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A church with a lake out back and drop the women off up front, men and women separated just like it is supposed to be.

iu

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A church with a lake out back and drop the women off up front, men and women separated just like it is supposed to be.

Pastor: whats this $20,000 bill for "excavation services"?
    Me: Its for the new baptismal pond out back.
    Pastor: OK. Seems legit.
    Pastor: .... wait a minute, what about this bill from Chuck's Fisheries for Catfish, Perch, and Large mouth bass fingerlings?
    Me: ummmm.......

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Pastor: whats this $20,000 bill for "excavation services"?
    Me: Its for the new baptismal pond out back.
    Pastor: OK. Seems legit.
    Pastor: .... wait a minute, what about this bill from Chuck's Fisheries for Catfish, Perch, and Large mouth bass fingerlings?
    Me: ummmm.......

You: "It's for church picnics. But don't worry, we're only going to need two of them at a time. Oh, and 5 loaves of bread."

;)

Top Bottom