• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I have an Yugo AK-47 underfolder. I was wanting to know if there was anybody out there who has changed out the stock from the underfolder to some other type of stock, like an standard fixed stock or side folder.

Maybe some gunsmith which specialize in AK's? Although, the underfolder looks real cool, for sustained firing the metal digging into your face is not fun. This particular gun is a Century Arms and is an exceptional piece with which appears to be a polished bolt and a phenomanal trigger.

Hate to sell this one to fix the stock situaiton and buy another with a fixed stock, which probably won't have the internal finish and great trigger.

Anybody have any experience with a vendor which makes this stock swap out?

Thanks,
    Popacap

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't believe you can do a simple swap. The Underfolder requires a different trunnion than a fixed stock. Holes would need to be welded up and drilled differently ... the new trunnion welded or riveted in ... all kinds of work needs to be done to make this swap.

It's far, far easier just to buy a fixed-stock AK.

But... there are smiths out there that specialize in AKs that could probably do it for you.

check out akfiles. You can for sure get your questions answered there.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I would trade someone that has a fixed stock. You should be good in a trade as yugo underfolders are kinda pricey which should net you a nice fixed stock AK.

To go further into your query, you can remove the stock yourself, however you'll be left with two large odd shaped holes in the side.

NDS-4-a2.jpg

The next difficult obstacle would be to drill and tap the rear trunion. Unfortunately the inside of a yugos rear trunion is curved making drilling a pain in the ass. The metal is hard as a rock, so you may also break taps adding to further frustration. If you are to do it, buy some solid carbide bits (not tipped) and go slow.

If you are successful you can have an underfolder with an ace stock mounted to the rear.

Like this, only imagine some large nickel sized holes on either side.
    dsc00218ec9.jpg

Again, i would just trade it for a saiga or something and Easily put a folder on that. Here's a couple of mine.
    saiga
    picture.php

draco sbr
    picture.php

Top Bottom