• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought one a couple weeks back… I only ran one mag through it so I can't say a whole lot but the bolt is for the double stack which is an issue with some of the gen 1's so no worry there and in my opinion the build quality is superb. Much better than a wasr or others of the price range. Plus the new parts. I say its a win. I will buy another one in the future but I am selling the one I have now to get funds for another project. In hand though its a great rifle

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I bought one a couple weeks back… I only ran one mag through it so I can't say a whole lot but the bolt is for the double stack which is an issue with some of the gen 1's so no worry there and in my opinion the build quality is superb. Much better than a wasr or others of the price range. Plus the new parts. I say its a win. I will buy another one in the future but I am selling the one I have now to get funds for another project. In hand though its a great rifle

Selling it already? How much do you need for it?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I posted it in the classifieds, still have it at the moment. PM me if interested and we can negotiate.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I've heard almost nothing but good things about the Yugo M70AB2 so far. I've been shopping around for a few months now, and the Yugo seemed like the best fit for me right now. From the reviews I have read, It seems like for a Century gun, the Yugos are pretty hard to beat. I have heard that they were contracted out to another company to be built, but I do not know if there is any truth to that myself. Seems the canted sight/gas block issues have been resolved because of this. At least that's what I've been reading about them. Also seems to be pretty good mag-wobble-wise, Haven't heard of many feeding issues, Stocks seem to lock up well with no wobble, and I've read that you can tighten them back up if they do wobble. Just make sure to get the M70AB2, and NOT the M70AB2T, if you can. The "T" is made on the 1mm. receiver, and the safety selector lever on the rifle is made for the 1.6mm receiver, which causes an issue with over travel when selecting between safe and fire. I've seen where this can cause the sear to be disengaged, causing the rifle to fire while selecting safe. This, and the extra beefy-ness of the 1.6mm receiver make me strongly lean towards the M70AB2. You can also tell the difference, because the 1.6mm, will have a bulged front trunnion, and the 1mm, will have slab-sides (not bulged).

All that said, I do not actually have the rifle yet. This is just what I have concluded in my research of the rifle, but these points have helped me pick the M70AB2. I just went out today to try and find one locally to inspect before I bought, but could not find one in one of the shops. If I had come here a few hours ago, I would have checked out Bfish's ad. Can't believe I missed that. I've been checking the classifieds everyday for months, up until about 5 days ago when I got too busy.

I did put one on order in a local shop today though. Should be here in about a week, and I may need an extra week to get paid, so I should have it in probably 2 weeks tops, and will let you know what I really think of the rifle in person. My luck, since I ordered, I'll be the one to get a completely jacked up rifle, but I hope all goes well with it. I'm keeping faith that they will send me a good one.

I did handle a CAI Zastava M70 NPAP while at the store today, and it seemed like a really well built rifle. Sights all looked straight, mag fit tight, bolt felt smooth, finish was decent enough, all-in-all, seemed like a good, well built rifle. I just did not like the feel of shouldering it with the telescoping "M4" style stock on it. I actually think the under-folders shoulder a lot better than this rifle did. Other than that it seemed pretty nice though.

Last edited:

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Well guys, picked up my M70AB2 on saturday. Haven't been able to take it out to shoot yet, but so far I am really happy with it. Of course, that could all change when I actually get it to the range, but my first impressions of the rifle are really good. Everything is nice and tight, some things almost too tight! It took me a while to get the gas tube off because the lever is so tight, but it's starting to loosen up as I mess with it more. Everything seems to be straight. If the front or rear sight is canted, then it's less than my eye can pick up, so I would assume if I have any issues with the sights they should be easily fixed with an adjustment tool. I was actually kind of surprised at how nice the finish on the rifle was. I mean, it's not a perfect finish by any means, but still nicer than I expected. Everything inside seems to look really good. Doesn't appear to have much use to me. The gas tube didn't show a single sign of pitting or rust, and has just a tiny bit of powder residue in it. The Yugo mag that came with it fits nice and tight. There is a tiny bit of play front to back, but I seriously doubt it's enough to cause feeding issues. The Tapco on the other hand, is tight going in, but wobbles like crazy both side to side and front to back. The stock also has just a little wobble up and down, but none side to side. Nothing that bothers me. The polymer fore-grips are pretty junky. Those will be getting changed to wood sometime along with the pistol grip.

Also came with the original Yugo pistol grip and slant brake. Haven't seen that much from century builds. The receiver is not marked on the side like the majority of them I have seen. This one is marked on the underside right in front of the mag-well. Also does not say anything about who manufactured the receiver like all the others I have seen, but I feel like I read somewhere that NDS/DCI did a run of un-marked receivers. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Just kind of curious as to who made the receiver. Also never seen the bolt carrier parkerized like this one. Where they originally like this and just worn silver from firing so much?

Still haven't gotten to give her a good cleaning yet either. Gonna do that today. Just stripped it down a few times to check everything out. Here's a few pics of the rifle though!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have one of the AB2s where Century used the thinner receivers. Shoots okay, but the cycle rate is low, much lower than my M+M.

Bolt could just be a tight fit, it usually takes a couple whacks to get it out of the receiver when taking it apart so the receiver might just need bent out a touch, I don't know.

I've handled a AB1 before and the same thing, the bolt is just sluggish.

My stock doesn't lock up well, but it is an older model that's had at least 4 owners before I got it

Still works though, and I love the little extra features on the Zastavas (folding night sights, grenade launcher capabilities, dust cover lock, etc.)

Top Bottom