• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well I looked at a 54" Bad Boy and was impressed…..then a guy at work bought it, 400.00 rebate and out the door was 3200.00 after rebate...it was the last one around anywhere that I could find !!! So waiting till late summer or next year. He had a 48" rider and took 2.5 hrs to mow….first time out he mowed getting use to it and it took 1 hour 15 minutes, says he really likes it.

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    I have mowed with a Country Clipper 60" for 7 years.

3 features Country Clipper has that most other, if not all other Zero turn do NOT have are,

1. Joy stick control. One hand steering.

2. Front axle pivots in the center. This helps keep all 4 tires on the ground on uneven lawns and side hills.

3. Flip up deck. Helps with cleaning and blade changes.

Only trouble I have had is the hydro belt broke. ~$25 And getting stuck in mud more than I can remember.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I only have personal experience with Toro and X Mark. X Mark is a serious mower. Makes cutting grass fun.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    1. Joy stick control. One hand steering.
    Pretty sure all zero turns are 1-hand steering. If you're using both hands on the levers you're doing it wrong. There MUST be a hand available at all times to hold onto your child that insists they help mow, or hold onto your beer in the absence of a child.

This is not in purple, it is not sarcasm... It's not that difficult to put 1 hand directly over where the 2 push-bars meet and control the mower with 1 hand.
    I only have personal experience with Toro and X Mark. X Mark is a serious mower. Makes cutting grass fun.
    I have an Exmark commercial (Lazer Z w/ the Triton deck and 27 hp Kohler), it's an animal. I'm mowing about an acre (estimated) and it takes me about 15-20 minutes to do it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pretty sure all zero turns are 1-hand steering. If you're using both hands on the levers you're doing it wrong. There MUST be a hand available at all times to hold onto your child that insists they help mow, or hold onto your beer in the absence of a child.

This is not in purple, it is not sarcasm... It's not that difficult to put 1 hand directly over where the 2 push-bars meet and control the mower with 1 hand.

I've tried this and it just doesn't work for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After 18 years I would say I do better only using one hand.

I once fell asleep on a zero turn, went over a embankment and plowed into a creek. I woke up when the handles gut checked me.

Wow...Between the bugs hitting me in the face, the deer flies biting, and bouncing over the mole hills in my pasture/yard, I'd have to be awfully sleepy to just fall asleep mowing my yard. :)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    There MUST be a hand available at all times to hold onto your child that insists they help mow, or hold onto your beer in the absence of a child.

I solved the beer/child conundrum by attaching my little JD trailer to the back of my mower and ratchet strapping a car seat into it.;)

My boy would ride back there until his allergies got to be too much. The daughter would ride around for 5 minutes before having a nap.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Years ago (OK, over a couple of decades), the guy who owned the car dealership I worked at also had rental properties and other real estate. In addition to selling cars, we also maintained those properties. We had 2 ExMark Turf Rangers (60" and 72"). They are old school now, but they were essentially a 22+hp engine and a deck. The operator sat over one wheel in the back and had a foot operated rocker for the hydrostat. You could fly and produce a great cut at the same time. Great machines.

1071294-1.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've tried this and it just doesn't work for me.
    It is a bit tricky at first, and you cannot turn quickly, but it works fairly well for me.
    I solved the beer/child conundrum by attaching my little JD trailer to the back of my mower and ratchet strapping a car seat into it.;)

My boy would ride back there until his allergies got to be too much. The daughter would ride around for 5 minutes before having a nap.

On a zero-turn? I wouldn't be able to do it on my yard, too many spot I have to stop and back-up to permit for a trailer.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Years ago (OK, over a couple of decades), the guy who owned the car dealership I worked at also had rental properties and other real estate. In addition to selling cars, we also maintained those properties. We had 2 ExMark Turf Rangers (60" and 72"). They are old school now, but they were essentially a 22+hp engine and a deck. The operator sat over one wheel in the back and had a foot operated rocker for the hydrostat. You could fly and produce a great cut at the same time. Great machines.

1071294-1.jpg

Ferris still makes a machine like this

And got an IS3200 61" 37hp vanguard with suspension seat and Oil Guard along with a Z2 srs stander.... im pretty happy :) My Bad Boy Outlaw XP will sit for a couple days.

Top Bottom