• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got the vaccination in the late 60s and thought I was immune as well.
    I'm sitting on way too many now but they do get dirtied up on a regular basis. I'm receiving Christmas cards from Federal 3 times a year.

Well you know me... my first love is always gonna be wood and steel. But it's just fun to put one together. And having it work, especially in my case, right off the bat was a big bonus! :): Granted they've been really simple builds. Haven't put together an upper yet. Might need to get an armorer's wrench after all. ;) I did get a cheap one, and the nub on the castle nut wrench broke. I figured it broke at approximately 40 lbs. so I called it good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Built another lower for the longer barrel set up. Used an Anderson lower with a Magpul STR lower build kit from PSA. Used a CMC 3.5 lb. straight trigger instead of the PSA stock trigger that came with it and really like it. Just got the tripod mount (Aristotle Engineering "Loc Jaw" that I found on Gunbroker) put on today. Seems to be a solid little mount and I think I'm going to like it on the tripod. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting. I've been thinking about jerry-rigging something like that for a tripod that has the camera mount broken off. Thanks for posting that!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No problem! I've had this old tripod sitting in my closet for a few years. I believe it was made for one of the old VHS video recorders back in the day, so it's heavy and very sturdy. I had a couple of questions about the mount, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with their customer service. Great communication and really quick to reply to my emails. I also ran it by phylodog to get his opinion on it before I bought it and appreciated his advice. :ingo:

This is their listing... LOC JAW AR-15 tripod mount-Aristotle Engineering : Hunting Accessories at GunBroker.com

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I saw some 6.5 Grendel uppers on gunbroker that were from ZIA. Thought I would do some research. Bam. I ended up here on INGO. So I thought I would ask if there is any new info in the last 15 months.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only update I have is that I did a pistol build with another one of their uppers and I'm very happy with it too. I don't have any reason to believe that their 6.5 Grendel uppers would be anything but good to go. :yesway:

Top Bottom