• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    We obviously don't have all the facts, but unless the prosecution has some crazy good evidence we haven't seen, I dont see how he can be guilty.

If you listen to the unedited 911 call, Zimmerman DID stop when the operator said he didn't have to do that. The panting stopped and he had a long talk with her discussing where he would meet LE. The timeline matches up with his claim he was going back to his truck.

But the most damning evidence against the prosecution is the physical evidence of the injuries. One had the back of his head busted up, a bloodied face, and grass stains all over his back. The other only had grass stained knees, busted up knuckles... oh, and an extremely close range gunshot wound. Everything about that screams self defense.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Just wondered what peoples thoughts on this situation were?? I don't have ALL of the details, however, IF what is stated is true (that he called police and proceeded to follow martin after police told him stop) I feel that he was unjustified. Ready...Set....Go :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Following someone is not illegal. The police telling him to stop is advice, not legally binding. It all comes down to who started the violence. (legally) or who is politically incorrect (politically) Its a 50/50. Legally I think the Defense is pwning the Prosecution. BUT this could come down to politics in the end.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If I were walking down the street and someone ran up to me and started making me justify why I was there, I would tell them to go to hell and to mind their own business. If he put his hands on me, I would kindly remove his hands from my body and tell him not to touch me again. If he touched me again, then he would regret ever touching me.

In the end, I think it will come down to who was the aggressor because both guys had the right to be there, and both were involved in a scuffle. Since Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin (and not the other way around) I predict Zimmerman will be convicted.
    you know that Z "confronted" M?:dunno: how do you know this?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Following someone is not illegal. The police telling him to stop is advice, not legally binding. It all comes down to who started the violence. (legally) or who is politically incorrect (politically) Its a 50/50. Legally I think the Defense is pwning the Prosecution. BUT this could come down to politics in the end.

The police did NOT "tell him to stop"!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    You know how many times I have had to explain that to people who say that exact thing. I explain to them that the dispatchers are usually civilians who have no authority over people. It would be nice to do what they say, but most cases (sometimes a PO might fill in in dispatch I bet if short on help) it isn't someone of authority.

g.army

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    I can bet you one thing. If Zimmerman is acquitted of the murder 2 charge, he had better hitch a ride with Edward Snowden down to Bolivia if he wants to stay alive. He will be one highly marked "creepy a-- cracker"!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    For months, the newsies have been telling us that football should be banned and regulated because of brain concussion injuries.

Now they are saying that George Zimmerman's getting his head banged into the ground is nothing because the visible injuries are not severe.

I guess brain concussion is a serious and life threatening injury unless you are a "white hispanic" named George Zimmerman.

I guess its good that I haven't had to listen their histrionics about football while the trial is in progress.

I wonder how long after the trial before they resume the assault on football?

Hypocrites.....Not a one of them has any concept of how it feels to get their brain rolled around when the head is pummeled.

g.army

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Let's say even if Zimmerman's head injuries weren't severe enough to warrant him shooting Martin, there is the fact that Martin saw his firearm and tried to take it. This combined with the statement Martin made, "you are going to die tonight", leaves little response other than shooting in self defense. I can only imagine that once the weapon was discovered during that viscous struggle one or the other would end up being shot.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    This IS what our decades of welfare has produced..

I thought she was PRECIOUS?!?

When I first saw her on the news, I told my Wife--Look there, THAT'S a product of the "Miami Hood"..

A 19 year old, SENIOR in High School, that can NOT speak proper English, can NOT read or write, and think it's OK to call US "White Azz Crackers"...Bill..

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    When I first saw her on the news, I told my Wife--Look there, THAT'S a product of the "Miami Hood"..

A 19 year old, SENIOR in High School, that can NOT speak proper English, can NOT read or write, and think it's OK to call US "White Azz Crackers"...Bill..

The No Child left behind act. As Americans we should be very proud we let them pass that crap. :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My question is, how many head blows against the concrete is justified?
    Just once to me is justification to blow that person off of me.
    My question has always been, If Trever was so concerned about being followed, why did he call his girl friend?
    If I was concerned about someone. I would have called the police (911).

I dropped my membership to the NRA.
    When I call the NRA to get information to send George $1000. for his defense.
    The NRA told me, " we do not wan to get involved."
    Even when a NRA membership representative came to speak at our 2nd amendment meeting. I asked him the same question.
    His response was, "We do not spend the money on think like this. we spend it on talking to our Government officials."
    So George Zimmerman and maybe ME will be left out holding the bag defending our 2nd Amendment and the right to carry and walk in OUR OWN neighborhood.

Another point is, if Trever was so concerned about George. Why did Trever go to George's truck?
    Trever should have hastened his walk to His Grandma's place. That is where his girl friend stated Why Trever was in that GATED subdivision.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Today's testimony was interesting for sure. The ME's testimony was bad. Of course the relatives are going to claim the person screaming for help was their relative, so that is kinda a wash. My guess is that Zimmerman's dad is called Monday, says the voice is his son. After that, not sure if the defense will rest and we go to closing arguments or not. Have discovered that Florida is a state where the jury can consider a lesser charge. However, I've also read that if they find him not guilty of murder two by self-defense, they can't then turn around and find him guilty of manslaughter because justified self-defense was what caused the death of TM. I know the judge wouldn't throw the case out. There is just no way she was going to do that. Might be an issue in any appeal stage.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    One thing that I take from this situation seems to be that a more substantial part of guilt or innocence depends on superficial perceptions of the people involved rather than of the facts of the case.

Top Bottom