• ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The lesson I take away from this:

Always shoot first.
    The fact he didn't is what won the case I do believe. I'm sure technically he could have won if he shot before a punch was thrown, but being in a life or death situation (on the ground having your head bashed in) helped his case immensely IMHO. This is at least what would go through my mind as a juror. I wouldn't find "I shot him because he was scary looking." to be a very good defense.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Great, Obama now giving attention to this story again in an attempt to 'stem the tide of gun violence'.

Maybe he should focus on his own neck of the woods in Chi-town and worry about the gun violence in the inner city by thugs and gansters. Leave people like us alone.

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

It's unfortunate a young-man had to die, but this is a low blow. I was waiting for them to make licensed and legal responsible gun owners look bad. Looks like that's going to be the new thing. "Forget the school shootings, those people were $&^!ing crazy to begin with. Lets make regular people with legal and licensed guns look bad instead." - New Gun Control policy.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The fact he didn't is what won the case I do believe. I'm sure technically he could have won if he shot before a punch was thrown, but being in a life or death situation (on the ground having your head bashed in) helped his case immensely IMHO. This is at least what would go through my mind as a juror. I wouldn't find "I shot him because he was scary looking." to be a very good defense.

I guess I'm looking at it from the other side. If some civilian Barney Fife starts stalking me and gets out of his car, approaches me....it certainly looks like the answer is to put a bullet in him before he has a chance to put a bullet in you.

Of course, that's Florida. The land where Casey Anthony can kill her unwanted child and Rush gets a slap on the hand for running dope.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Great, Obama now giving attention to this story again in an attempt to 'stem the tide of gun violence'.

Maybe he should focus on his own neck of the woods in Chi-town and worry about the gun violence in the inner city by thugs and gansters. Leave people like us alone.

It's unfortunate a young-man had to die, but this is a low blow. I was waiting for them to make licensed and legal responsible gun owners look bad. Looks like that's going to be the new thing. "Forget the school shootings, those people were $&^!ing crazy to begin with. Lets make regular people with legal and licensed guns look bad instead." - New Gun Control policy.
    Obama, like all other worthless, POS, Liberal (*)'s, will use ANY pretense to push their agenda of disarming the American People.
    They're going to push us into a corner, and regret having done so.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-_JdJTnD9A

This is my opinion to a "T"

I also agree that there is going to be a fecal storm stem from this against gun owners and especially CCW holders and carriers. I feel like some type of legislation either against, self defense or carrying is going to be the next item on the docket from the O-regime.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I guess I'm looking at it from the other side. If some civilian Barney Fife starts stalking me and gets out of his car, approaches me....it certainly looks like the answer is to put a bullet in him before he has a chance to put a bullet in you.

Of course, that's Florida. The land where Casey Anthony can kill her unwanted child and Rush gets a slap on the hand for running dope.

Am I correctly understanding thaT you advocate shooting someone for raising a red flag with you by virtue of being in the same general area? You may recall that according to Martin, Zimmerman was 'creepy' by virtue of not being black. Does this sound like an acceptable reason for attacking someone? After all, most anyone can be dangerous, so why not simply shoot anyone who appears within eyesight?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012

Of your 704 posts to date, this may not be the best one.....

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

except, of course, that has nothing to do with the actual facts of the case.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy

Low blow? That's an under statement. Z was found "Not Guilty" but yet Obama calls this "Gun Violence"? Or if I don't kill someone I'm honoring T? Why should a doped up thug be honored anyways? Why does our president even need to comment on this one case? I don't recall him taking a personal interest publicly on TV of any other case.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Obama: Honor Trayvon Martin by battling gun violence - U.S. News

"We should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that's a job for all of us. That's the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

How can we prevent future tragedies like this? I don't know, less punk ars kids.

I swear, the news, the predisident, and celebrities think Martin was an angle.

Can't fix stupid

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    The "original" Sheriff can reap some satisfaction now after he was fired for not filing charges against Zimmerman because he knew this was not a chargeable offense.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The "original" Sheriff can reap some satisfaction now after he was fired for not filing charges against Zimmerman because he knew this was not a chargeable offense.

I would like to see him express his satisfaction with the results with a lawsuit, assuming that Florida law provides for it.

Top Bottom