• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buzz Saw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Southeast IN
    Hello all. I'm just a common man that grew up in the late 70's/early eightys, farm background, blue collar. I do however remember eigth grade civics class fairly well, however. I don't know what happened on that fatefull night between Martin and Zimmerman, obviously I wasn't there. The fact of the matter as I see it is the prosecution charged Zimmerman with murder, and therefore must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that murder was commited. How then can the judge in the case rule after the trial has begun that the jury can find guilty of manslaughter? The prosecution must have thought they could prove murder or they wouldn't have brought charges, political posturing aside. Now all of the sudden it's like, "hey, we don't think we have been able to prove our case beyond a reasonable doubt, so let's change the rules in the middle of the game and see if we can get a manslaughter conviction instead." If you charged the man with murder, prove it, or he is aquitted, and you can't be tried twice for the same crime so it's over. What am I missing here, did I miss that day in class?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Once, a prosecutor sought the truth.
    This prosecutor seeks only a victory.
    He has delayed disclosing evidence, arranged tainted interviews, and encouraged witnesses to "get their stories straight" so their testimony would all agree.
    He has no honor and little restraint.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    119077_original.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    1. Manslaughter is generally a "lesser included charge" in a murder trial. Apparently in FL, a jury can convict on a LIC if they think the prosecution did not prove its case in the main charge.

1. True on the Fed charges. The Fed DOJ often brings Federal Civil Rights violation charges where a State failed to win a conviction. Or sometimes even if the State gets a conviction. Not at all unusual when going after a LEO, but don't know if it can be done against a private citizen.

Top Bottom