• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Anyone have any idea how moisture resistant they actually are? Seems like a possible option for coupled a few of those moisture absorbing packets For keeping a just in case sidearm in a bathroom.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    armnOvy_460s.jpg

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I don't think that would be a good idea.
    Ever tried to get into a Ziploc bag with wet/dirty/cold hands?
    Some of those things could qualify with TSA for secure travel.
    If you had a revolver in a baggie and pressed enough air out before sealing it to allow the bag to fit loosely around the gun, would you even need to open it? Just grab it, poke your finger through the trigger guard, and start blasting!

1675653489689.png

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Just get a H&K MK23 :abused: they are designed for terrible environment. A scandium and titanium S&W Wheel Gun might be a good option too. Personally I follow Frank Castles advice and have a bathroom grenade lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you arent looking for a shower gun and are just trying to stash a gun in a drawer in that high moisture environment, a ziplock should be OK. Stick a Zerust module or tab in the bag with it for additional protection.

Also put it as low in the room as possible. Like a bottom vanity drawer. That way you only have to deal with the relative humidity, and not the steam from a hot shower.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    G19 is fairly water resistant anyway. I just take it out of the holster and set it in the same spot on the vanity. Sits next to my phone.

Accessible from the toilet or shower.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    If you arent looking for a shower gun and are just trying to stash a gun in a drawer in that high moisture environment, a ziplock should be OK. Stick a Zerust module or tab in the bag with it for additional protection.

Also put it as low in the room as possible. Like a bottom vanity drawer. That way you only have to deal with the relative humidity, and not the steam from a hot shower.
    This not looking for a shower gun just wanting to make sure our bases are covered.

Its a large room not sure why cartoon size barpthrooms are a thing in Tennessee.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    The correct answer remains the same...just get a Glock.

:)

Ah let me think about that for a second….Ah no unless I am going to throw it at someone. Not trying to hate on *****’s but to me they are not even in the running for consideration.

Besides, when you have trained for so long with something and it works why change?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Because it can't handle hanging out in a bathroom without a Ziplock Snuggie?

:):
    No because from an ergonomics standpoint they just do not fit. I have tried I just do not shoot them well. Might be a great choice for someone else me not so much. Besides if they ever become scarce I will be doing a public service for not buying one and leaving it for someone else.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No because from an ergonomics standpoint they just do not fit. I have tried I just do not shoot them well. Might be a great choice for someone else me not so much. Besides if they ever become scarce I will be doing a public service for not buying one and leaving it for someone else.
    "Ziplock Snuggie" should have been a clue that I'm just messing with ya. I know you ain't a Glock guy.

:) :cheers:

Top Bottom