• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At this juncture, I realize I need to ask more questions and make more statements about living and survival structures made of snow. I shall do research to ensure that context of my questions and statements are inherently flawed, thus in turn ensuring a wrathful zoub-enhanced discussion.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Just buy the damn dome. I am not going to sit here and say all my sub zero outdoor experiences went perfectly! The tarp top came on igloo three that day. F this, it's getting dark and really cold, tarp it and let's get in it.

Plus you live in central Indiana, hypothermia from a puddle at 34 degrees will get you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just buy the damn dome. I am not going to sit here and say all my sub zero outdoor experiences went perfectly! The tarp top came on igloo three that day. F this, it's getting dark and really cold, tarp it and let's get in it.

Plus you live in central Indiana, hypothermia from a puddle at 34 degrees will get you.

Heh heh heh

This reminds me of a day when it was -8 F and my buddy invited me over to build a snow cave in his yard and try to spend the night in it. I later learned he was joking.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    My record low for camping was -49, temp, not windchill. There comes a point where an igloo is better then a crappy cabin or man made shelter. Way better.

Looking back, my worst injuries and majority of near misses with death experiences were in winter. But they were all worth it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My record low for camping was -49, temp, not windchill. There comes a point where an igloo is better then a crappy cabin or man made shelter. Way better.

Looking back, my worst injuries and majority of near misses with death experiences were in winter. But they were all worth it!

I've never been in an area where it went colder then -27 F.

Apparently I'm a cold weather wuss.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Boy scout winter camp out. It averaged 0 to -10. Stayed out Friday night till Sunday afternoon. Dress well and it's not as bad as it seems. But I still hate the freaking cold!

That dome would have been a awesome scouting project. I book marked that page for future reference.

Thanks Car Ramrod for the link!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I am amazed at what some INGOers post on here. Hats off to Car Ramrod!!! for posting that awesome link!!!! There's a geo home close to where I live. At first I thought it was small, boy I was wrong!!! The outer circular wall is a little challenging for usage, but the retiree that built it with his wife and family had some very creative usage. I was impressed with the simplicity of this design!!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In my circle most of us could not skate so it usually just devolved into a street fight on ice with hockey sticks and a few rules, maybe even a puck. We moved to ND from CA, I never saw ice skates. Once we moved to snowmobiles pulling car hoods i never looked back.

Top Bottom