• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vertmillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I noticed that this was suppose to be on the Survival and Disaster Preparedness page so I thought I would discuss some of the more important things to survive in a Zombie apocalypse if there is one. I will discuss some known knowledge and not so much known. During an apocalypse you would need friends you can trust and can shoot or can set traps for raiders or such and family you love but can also shoot in order to survive and keep them on speed dial, but it needs to be a maximum of 6-8 people so you don't waste a lot of resources but can also form small groups and can watch each others backs. First, the essential, gather up some food and ammunition in case of outbreak, gather at least 2-3 cans of gas for your vehicle, you will also need to a max of 3 injury kits if not 4. Step two, form an escape plan to get out of the city if that is where you live, use the subway or a low populated part of the city/town and you will need to stay away from the more populated areas like hospitals or underground parkways for about 3-6 days in. You will need to notify your group members after the outbreak and see if they are either bitten or where their location is and then gather the ones not infected and head to the country side do to there being a low population so the virus can't travel as much and you have a better view. When you escape try to find an area where you can rest for the night and settle down for a day or 2 depending on how far and hidden you are from infected or raiders. After escaping and finding an area to rest split the rations and weaponry between members and form small groups. While there form a plan on where you are going to go or stay. Your best bet is Canada or a low populated island of the coast of your state/country. After forming a plan on where to go head back to your city 3 days after so you can get more rations if you need, if not head to your destination. During the trip if you come by survivors of 1-3 bring them with you but keep a close eye on them b/c they could be insane killers or can't be trusted and only do it for 2 groups. When you come by a group of infected don't proceed but turn back and find another way. Also don't kill unless you need to like one of them knows your there and is trying to attack you and you will need to know how they work like their sight or feelings. During your trip leave notes on how to kill them or how they work for Ex. They can't see but their hearing is really good so they can hear you if you scream or shoot and they appear stronger than they look for other survivors, heck you can print this forum out if your allowed and use it. If you have any questions on any more of this subject please send me a message. Thank you.:nailbite: WARNING: If you choose to stay in one area in nowhere you will then need to change tactics and build yourself a fort meaning that most materials are useful meaning more work:( but the ability to have more allies and a better defense!!:D

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    to the op, ppl are going to bash you for being "sooo cliche" and for them not "getting" the zombie stuff...but i applaud thius...its been a while and i can always appreciate the occasional zombie discussion

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am going to sit on my roof with an AR-15 and a box of twinkies and watch it all burn. My wife and kids can't run very fast and I am not big enough to carry them.

You're only an hour or so away from me, I'll try to make it to your place, I'll bring a change of pants and some beer.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You're only an hour or so away from me, I'll try to make it to your place, I'll bring a change of pants and some beer.

Twinkies and beer, sounds like the start of a bad bachelor party. You would be welcome to come over. I need help getting the ladder down off the wall and hauling the case of .223 up on the roof.

vertmillion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for saying that I told some of my friends that and they said that it is an iffy kind of thing but I tell them thats better than blasting something that echoes for 5 minutes from here to 5 yds out.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Thank you for saying that I told some of my friends that and they said that it is an iffy kind of thing but I tell them thats better than blasting something that echoes for 5 minutes from here to 5 yds out.
    really silencers are your friend no matter what situation....but if zombies use their ears you would definitely not want to telegraph your location out there like that...especially if youre stationary..i.e. on the top of your roof. also a good silencer will eliminate or reduce muzzle flash and the visible concussion (dust kickin up and leaves moving) so they dont just silence you, the help camoflauge you...especially at night

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife says I can buy anything that I can justify. I keep telling her I need a can in case of zombies. She is coming around but still not convinced.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    My wife says I can buy anything that I can justify. I keep telling her I need a can in case of zombies. She is coming around but still not convinced.

tell her you want to be able to use your home defense gun and still be able to hear her if she calls out or something

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am going to sit on my roof with an AR-15 and a box of twinkies and watch it all burn. My wife and kids can't run very fast and I am not big enough to carry them.

Awesome, because Twinkies are coming back from the dead....................... wait....................

Top Bottom