• ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Hey Ingo,

Ive been looking into ZTs naturally the one I want is discontinued. Was thinking the 0350 but I like the size of the 0302 with the coyote grips, not sure how long its been discontinued but blade HQ has the product page and it looks like they were selling them for $236.00, My question is if able to locate one of these what are they going for now? I know the ranger green version is going to be easier to find but I'm specifically interested in the 0302.

Does anyone have one? and has it been a good blade?

Also been looking into the bench made AFO 2 and heard alot of good things about that one too and its definitely a contender.

Thanks

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Had a 300 series from ZT the blackwashed one, ended up trading it the knife was too heavy compared to my Strider that was just as capable. The coyote is the hardest to find if memory serves because it was made for the least amount of time compared to the others. If you do find one odds are it will be around the $200 mark and used. I would troll the exchange on the Bladeforums, honestly Ebay might be your best bet for this one.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hey Ingo,

Ive been looking into ZTs naturally the one I want is discontinued. Was thinking the 0350 but I like the size of the 0302 with the coyote grips, not sure how long its been discontinued but blade HQ has the product page and it looks like they were selling them for $236.00, My question is if able to locate one of these what are they going for now? I know the ranger green version is going to be easier to find but I'm specifically interested in the 0302.

Does anyone have one? and has it been a good blade?

Also been looking into the bench made AFO 2 and heard alot of good things about that one too and its definitely a contender.

Thanks
    You could always Cerakote the scale on a 301 if you can't find a 302

Oh, and here's the obligatory pic of my 301:

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Good point on the cerakote, Didn't think of that. I think Im sold on the 301 real Ive been researching it all day watching some videos reading reviews and its obviously well liked around INGO. Sounds like its going to replace my semi cheapo Gerber as my EDC as I don't really have a higher end EDC knife.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I had mine sharpened with a Wicked Edge system to a ridiculous mirrored polish. I was bleeding before I got back in my car after picking it up.

After using it for awhile, I was kinda dissapointed. I recently sent it back to ZT for a spa day. The factory edge is sooooooo much more usable. Lots toothier and just better for EDC use. No, it won't push cut TP, but it seems to hold up to use much better.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My dad had a 0350 for a little while until he traded it for the one knife I had been looking for for almost 2 year the spyderco citadel. Im sure if he sees this post he will chime in on how amazing of a knife it is (he likes to rub in).
    Anyway that knife was a beast and the edge was amazing. Im sure the 0301 is no exception there. When the money is right Ill have to pick one up and join the ZT club. :rockwoot:

My EDC really only gets used to cut open some boxes at work and the occasional strand of para cord. Never sees really heavy use but With the 301 I could imagine ill just be looking for things to cut haha

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I had mine sharpened with a Wicked Edge system to a ridiculous mirrored polish. I was bleeding before I got back in my car after picking it up.

After using it for awhile, I was kinda dissapointed. I recently sent it back to ZT for a spa day. The factory edge is sooooooo much more usable. Lots toothier and just better for EDC use. No, it won't push cut TP, but it seems to hold up to use much better.
    Yep, while aesthetically pleasing, those mirror polished edges are nearly worthless for real cutting tasks. I've seen some the would whittle hair but not cut through paracord.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yep, while aesthetically pleasing, those mirror polished edges are nearly worthless for real cutting tasks. I've seen some the would whittle hair but not cut through paracord.

That is because people don't back the strops down by a degree or so letting the leather roll the edge. Or if you wanted something uber nasty I suggest a mirror polished main bevel with a 600 grit microbevel so it has some serious "teeth" to the edge while still maintaining the very nice mirrored bevel that makes slicing easier.
    BBIKVDTh.jpg

The edge on my personal knife is rocking that edge and it cuts paracord just fine.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I still have a 0303 which is the rarest of them all :) all blacked out with the tiger stripe blade. I love it and have some high end folders I edc as well but the zt still gets pocket time pretty regularly.

It was the first real pocket knife to get me into more expensive knives. Very glad I got it when I did.

Top Bottom