• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I just mowed my back yard in like 5 minutes, takes 40 with the push mower. Holy crap, I love my ZTR. How did I not own one until now?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I got a Toro 0 turn last year after my JD 317 blew up.

I will never go back to a tractor.

Had to buy one as my mom and dad are moving to a much bigger place... We went in half on it, as now I can use it for the neighbors yard that I mow, and they can use it as well. A win win for both of us.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You should check out a Country Clipper ZT mower with ONE joystick control.

Ive seen one, havent operated it though. This is my first one, and I got a Dixon (the price was great)... So far I love it. Got a buddy with a stand up ZTR Deere, now that is Beast Mode!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just remember you don't have to mow as fast as it will go. Even at a slow pace you're more than cutting your mowing time in half.

If you're looking to buy one, I'd buy a used Scag or other fabricated deck before I'd buy a new one with a stamped deck. It's that big of a deal.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Who wants to mow the yard in 5 minutes? I loved sitting out there for an hour and a half on a regular riding mower on a slower setting.

On an unrelated note, today I saw someone mowing a tiny yard in the middle of town with a huge blue New Hollander tractor and what looked like a brush hog. I bet he thought he was saving so much time, until he actually started. It took him forever to maneuver that tractor around, especially when it was about half the size of the front yard itself!

I remember when we had a tiny yard when I was little. Parents had one of those manual push cutters. Not a lawn mower, it had that cylindrical contraption that turned when you pushed. Whatever those things are called.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Who wants to mow the yard in 5 minutes? I loved sitting out there for an hour and a half on a regular riding mower on a slower setting.

On an unrelated note, today I saw someone mowing a tiny yard in the middle of town with a huge blue New Hollander tractor and what looked like a brush hog. I bet he thought he was saving so much time, until he actually started. It took him forever to maneuver that tractor around, especially when it was about half the size of the front yard itself!

I remember when we had a tiny yard when I was little. Parents had one of those manual push cutters. Not a lawn mower, it had that cylindrical contraption that turned when you pushed. Whatever those things are called.

One of the old reel mowers? Grandma and grandpa had one that we used a bit around the garden as the rider would sink in a bit when it was a little wet. I couldn't imagine cutting the 2.5 acres plus some in the woods they cleared for a camping spot with that thing. They are just about perfect for postage stamp lots. I think my brother still has that thing...doesn't use it anymore though.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You should check out a Country Clipper ZT mower with ONE joystick control.

It'll be just as good as Snappers Joystick ZTR was years ago....:D

It's no longer around, electronics was shorting out on them all the time.

I have a Simplicity ZTR that I mow my 1.2 acres with, I will never go with a standard yard tractor ever again.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Their called - Muscles. :)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have a Hustler 48" ZTR for 2 acres. It takes me about an hour to cut the grass and around all the trees.

My neighbors who have just a few hundred square feet more then we do have a craftsman tractor. It takes them a good 4 hours or so to cut their grass.

I wouldn't mind having a tractor for other purposes, but for mowing grass with the yard I have now? ZTR only!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I went cheap when we had 5.5 acres. It was a 54" tractor and took over 3 hours to mow. I went tractor because I wanted attachments. Big mistake. If I own land again it'll have a ztr for sure. My time is worth it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    When we switched to ZTR's we cut a full 2 days mowing out of our work week. Plus you figure all the hours you save from less trimming.

ME! After sitting on a mower for 8 hours, the last thing I want to do is repeat the whole process when I get home. ;)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We bought a ferris a couple of years ago after our husqvarna rider died with only 65 hours on the clock. We figure that based on our usage the ferris only had to last 5 years and we were ahead money wise based on that pos husqy chinese motor. Along with the decreased mowing time, the suspension is GREAT on rough ground. 2 of our 4 acre backyard was horse pasture so it's a tad rough.

I picked up a used b&s cast iron v twin to install on the husqy so we have two mowers on the ground now and it's usually a coin toss winner getting the ferris and I'm here to tell you the non-suspensioned mowers beat you to death and you'll never realize it until you compare the two.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    I have a Cub Cadet ZTR 50" and love it. Only have a half acre, but lots of trees and such. Takes about 30 minutes without using a weed eater for trim. But I make sure I blow all grass one direction into a low spot and all straight line cuts.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    It'll be just as good as Snappers Joystick ZTR was years ago....:D

It's no longer around, electronics was shorting out on them all the time.

I have a Simplicity ZTR that I mow my 1.2 acres with, I will never go with a standard yard tractor ever again.
    Steering control is all mechanical. Only electronics is the motor ignition system.

Top Bottom