• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I really WANT to like ZX in Fort Wayne. At the shows they have great prices and astonishing selection. The Goshen store is pretty good too. I have had no luck with the FW store, including today.

I took $1600 out of savings bound and determined to buy myself a piston AR or a 308 AR. I walked in and an older gentleman asked me if he could help me. I asked him if they had any piston AR's in stock. He stared at me blankly so I said it again. he said he was sorry but he had no idea what that is and he turned to a manager. The manager said, "The only piston AR's we have are 308's". I got a thrill up my spine! OOoOOOOOH! The two things I wanted in one gun!:): I said, "I did not know there was such a thing yet." to which the manager said, "Well now you have". I tried to take that as a joke and move on so I asked how much they are and he turned, looked at the tag and said $1845 then he unceremoniously turned away. It's hard to describe but his actions made it clear that he was not about to take that gun off the wall.

I walked around the store thinking, well, I have the $1600 in cash and I could put the other $3-400 on a card no problem. However, as I wandered around the store I realized I have been in this store at least 8 times and NEVER had a positive experience. I even wrote to the manager to tell him about one time. Getting the cold shoulder AGAIN tells me I am done trying to go there anymore.

I just came home and placed my order for a piston upper from Adams Arms and I will build the lower from stuff I can buy locally, anywhere but ZX Gun.

Last edited:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    In the interest of a full disclosure on this, management of ZX was kind enough to send me a note and ask me what I have seen there. I sent a note back and told them I appreciated them taking the time to at least talk to me about it. I'm not mad I just got tired of wasting my time. I genuinely hope they turn things around. They are always on top of things at the Fort Wayne gun show and one of my favorite places to shop as far as that show is concerned. I think they need to just run their store a little more like they run the shows.

ZX Gun

ZX Gun
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    We prefer to handle all customer complaints swiftly and without hesitation. If ever there is a situation where there is need for upper management intervention, you can send them to sales@zxgun.com . We want all of our customers to have a positive experience as that is what we have built our business on over the last 7 wonderful years.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As there is no perfect gun (or any other machine,) there is no perfect gun store.
    However,...

ZX Gun in Fort Wayne is the best one around--the nicest (and, typically, the most knowledgeable) folks, with the best prices. That is hard to beat.
    In fact, one of my staff instructors, Sgt. Bryan DeYoung, works there part time. He was the instructor and tactical commander of the largest multi-jurisdictional SWAT team in the nation, and is a Glock, 1911, and AR15/M16/M4 armorer, among many other credentials.

I, wholeheartedly, recommend ZX Gun to all my students, and others!

Chip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    NE Indiana
    While I am normally a user of Tomlinson's, I stopped into ZX today and had a good experience. I was not intending to make any purchases, but ended up with a couple of PMags anyways. The staff were quick to ask if I needed anything but when I ran into an old friend, allowed us to talk without interrupting us which meant a lot to me. In fact I think my friend was going to buy a CZ but got to talking to me and ran late and had to leave and they were still very helpful to me. They were able to help me see what a Glock beaver tail felt like and showed me a few other things that interested me without feeding me a line of salesman bull****. It was a lot like Tomlinson's in my mind in that aspect. Show me what you have and let me ask the questions, I appreciate that.

While they didn't have anything that I couldn't live without, I will probably stop back in there sometime and see what it's like to deal with them on a trade. To me that's the true test of any gunshop. Are they respectful of your gun and asking value? We might not agree, but there is no need for belligerence. Based on my experience today, I think the deal may work out. I'll give a little on a trade if I don't have to argue with someone and be belittled. Good job ZX Guns!

Top Bottom