• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The one in Fort Wayne does not answer the phone and frankly it irritates me. I have tried calling them on numerous occasions over the last few years. I understand being busy in the store with customers, but from someone who has years of customer service experience, answer your damn phones. Customers on the phone are potential buyers. Customers in store will wait for 30 seconds for you to take a phone call, they're already in the store and they can see/hear the phone ringing. The phone customer most likely won't come if you don't answer. They can't see/hear if there are customers in your store.

Example:
    Caller: Hi, do you have any Glock 19's in stock.
    Employee: Yes, we have 3 in stock currently. They are $XXX.
    Caller: Awesome, I've called everywhere else and they're all out of stock. I live 30 minutes away, I'll be on my way.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The one in Fort Wayne does not answer the phone and frankly it irritates me. I have tried calling them on numerous occasions over the last few years. I understand being busy in the store with customers, but from someone who has years of customer service experience, answer your damn phones. Customers on the phone are potential buyers. Customers in store will wait for 30 seconds for you to take a phone call, they're already in the store and they can see/hear the phone ringing. The phone customer most likely won't come if you don't answer. They can't see/hear if there are customers in your store.

Example:
    Caller: Hi, do you have any Glock 19's in stock.
    Employee: Yes, we have 3 in stock currently. They are $XXX.
    Caller: Awesome, I've called everywhere else and they're all out of stock. I live 30 minutes away, I'll be on my way.
    You could've used a 1911 instead of G**** 19s in your example...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    To answer the OP's question, the one in Fort Wayne is not out of business. I was there within the past week. I can't speak for the Goshen location, but I assume they are still open as well.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    To answer the OP's question, the one in Fort Wayne is not out of business. I was there within the past week. I can't speak for the Goshen location, but I assume they are still open as well.
    Do they sell reloading supplies? I don't live near one so I have no clue what they have or don't have.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Do they sell reloading supplies? I don't live near one so I have no clue what they have or don't have.
    If you want reloading supplies, Wrigley Sales in Fort Wayne has some stuff, but Tomlinson's in Churubusco has way more stuff.

I have no idea if either of them have good prices on reloading items, not my area of interest.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Reloading supplies ZX in Goshen? Not when I was last in there.

Caspers Coins Goshen had a used press & dies when I was last there, not much more in reloading.

Did you try Len's Gun Shop South Bend or Kempfs in Michigan City?

Awaters1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Westfield
    If you want reloading supplies, Wrigley Sales in Fort Wayne has some stuff, but Tomlinson's in Churubusco has way more stuff.

I have no idea if either of them have good prices on reloading items, not my area of interest.
    Tomlinsons always been a little high but they work with you. Great great people. Wrigleys is the best gun shop in Fort Wayne.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I hauled my ass into the store to see what they have, why should they ignore me to talk to people on the phone. the phone rings constantly. Once on the phone the guy never wants to get off. he has to bitch about not answering the phone, the lack of stock, the high prices. If they have something he has lots of questions, wants them to hold it for him :blahblah:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    If I hauled my ass into the store to see what they have, why should they ignore me to talk to people on the phone. the phone rings constantly. Once on the phone the guy never wants to get off. he has to bitch about not answering the phone, the lack of stock, the high prices. If they have something he has lots of questions, wants them to hold it for him :blahblah:
    Yea, maybe they should have an answering machine announcing they are open with hours of operation and currently busy helping customers that weren't to lazy or too far away to drive over for a wasted trip.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Reloading supplies ZX in Goshen? Not when I was last in there.

Caspers Coins Goshen had a used press & dies when I was last there, not much more in reloading.

Did you try Len's Gun Shop South Bend or Kempfs in Michigan City?
    Yes I need more options - kempfs now charges $40 a pound for powder - I will not be going back until prices go down. The man mislead me on the phone saying they were fully stocked with powders. I drove there immediately and found very few powders and all $40+ Prices on projectiles was up also. They claim their supplier raised the prices on them.
    Len's has a 1# limit and nothing that I really need.
    I appreciate the response though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes I need more options - kempfs now charges $40 a pound for powder - I will not be going back until prices go down. The man mislead me on the phone saying they were fully stocked with powders. I drove there immediately and found very few powders and all $40+ Prices on projectiles was up also. They claim their supplier raised the prices on them.
    Len's has a 1# limit and nothing that I really need.
    I appreciate the response though.
    Well the tactic worked yes. He got you into the store.....:):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hate stores that dont answer the phone. Calling around for propane and one store wouldnt answer, and I'm not about to drive 15 minutes to be told they are out too. So they'll not be getting my business.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As an aside I think I solved my supply problem. All the outlying stores were out. I just called the inner city Ace hardware near my office and they have plenty. I guess since the only folks buying propane here in the big city are using it for grilling, so not a lot of demand like toward the country where it is also used for heating.

Top Bottom