• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plumber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    they served you you paid YOU EAT then leave. they wern't to scared to take your money then there not to scared while you eat it. the mgr just a power hungry punk.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm sorry but if that was me, I would demand a refund if he is demanding I leave... and if he refused, I'd take the food and eat it in the car then dispute the charges with my CC company. If he wants to play stupid games, I'll play his game, but I'll come out on top every time (in my mind).

BTW, I think you handled it pretty well. You were definitely toeing the line of a trespass charge, but you did ok IMHO.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd have to say the entire situation turned out just fine after all was said and done.

I do respect and commend you for attempting to educate the manager, but truthfully, as someone has mentioned...
    In the heat of the moment (in front of his girlfriend, feeling like a super hero), even if he DID realize he was wrong, he won't back down.
    I would have probably done the same thing initially to help him understand, but if it went any further beyond that and he remained that ignorant,
    I'd have made it a point to let him know you were going to call or write a letter to corporate.... and then leave.

Also sounds like the Vietnam vet. and the responding officers pulled in your favor and kept the situation under control.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Gee, that's never been posted before.

This hour.

Okay. If anyone wants an OC/CC debate, we have several going on.
    How about we save this thread for the OP's comment.
    And, SERparacord, this wouldn't have been any different if he was CCing, and was "discovered".

NEG Rep anyone??? :xmad::xmad:

Why not, because some douche bag on a power trip thought he could flex his fast food manager muscle and push a law abiding citizen around???

Perfect example of why not to use the 1st amendment, even though you can legally

Then you have those against the 1st amendment. :cool:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Which BK (address, etc)? Maybe a few emails/letters from INGOers (especially from that vicinity) might be in order, expressing contempt for the manager and how he treats law-abiding customers.

I'm still trying to get beyond the fact that chicks are impressed by a burger flipper/manager flexing his muscles....

Well, How about it?? Location Address??? If we do the same old things, we can expect the same old results. Why not strike out and try something new? EXPRESS OURSELVES!! :yesway:

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Glad it worked out in the end. The Burger King is on Tenth street across from the Youngstown Plaza. Never been in there myself even though I live in town. But if some people would like to meet for lunch there some Wed or Thur let me know.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    I get a lot of milrage ...

... out of MY Viet Nam hat, too. Especially when it's riding on the top of me and my belt with a G-21 in the OC holster. Can anyone beat this: I had a "social worker" tell me that he considered ANYONE with any evidence of any 'Nam clothing or badges, who was Oc-ing, to be a hazard to everyone in the facility!! And I only had on my holster. Can't carry in there anymore. Too many social workers having heart attacks!! EBG
    Thursday my wife and I drive down to jeffersonville to pick up a dog kennel. After loading everything and strapping it down we stop at the local burger king to get some food. We walk inside and go about our business ordering food. My wife gets our drinks and finds a table. As I'm waiting for the food I take a look around the place trying to waste time. There is around 10 customers inside the store including my wife and I. I tell him that he officer will tell him the exact same thing if that's what he wants to do. I just want to thank all the vets out there and I couldn't appreciate them anymore than i do now. It's a great feeling to know that the gentleman had my back during the whole ordeal. Needless to say I hope those officers bruised the managers ego after I left. Just wish I could of been there to witness it. Haha. Thanks :ingo: !

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

You are right, how dare they exercise the 1st or 2nd Amendment. What if the OP was kicked out for wearing religous head gear. That is protected too. I mean, after all, he doesn't have to "flaunt" his religion. Maybe we should all just go back to living in caves and not interacting with each other so we might not possibly offend someone else while they intrude on OUR rights. Your rights end where my rights begin.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The first amendment is a limitation on the government, not me.
    And, I never said don't post.
    But, if you're going to post the OC/CC debate, why not post it where we already have discussions. That has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. And everything to do with common sense.

If they can take away your right to OC, they can take away your right to CC.

Top Bottom