• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So who here is a fan?

I am, and its been a while since I've had a pair.

Next month I'll be having laser eye surgery. When I do, I'm going to treat myself with 2 new pairs of sunglasses. One for shooting/hiking/sports/outdoors and one for casual/dressed up.

On the casual side I'm thinking of going with wire frames, like the Splinter.

496fb79dca129.jpg

On the sporty side I'm liking the Flak Jacket.

4995dd5bc0ae1.jpg

What do you guys like? Bonus points if you include a picture of yourself wearing them.

Anyone on INGO have an Oakley hookup I can use?

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    If you are Military, LE, Fire, or EMS you can go to https://secure.usstandardissue.com/Index.cfm and create an account and order from them. The last pair I got from there was about 50% off from MSRP.

Im another die hard oakley fan. Just ordered replacement lenses thru the same place. Biggest problem with standard issue is that they dont have all color options. I think it may be clear and smoke color lenses only though you can still get them polarized if you like. My replacement lenses were much cheaper here than anywhere else though. Im currently in a pair of custom ordered straight jacket.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Oakley Bifocals

The surgery is great, my son had it done a number of years ago and it worked great. But Oakley can accommodate, in prescription lenses, those who choose not to get surgery. My lineless bifocals below:

picture.php

Last edited:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I wear a lot of hats, and have always had a hard time finding a pair that would fit under the bill. I finally decided on the standard GasCans and really like them.

The only pictures I have of me wearing them are from when I was headed out to go camping.

316753_10150341253556851_507266850_8671109_13028150_n.jpg

314691_10150341255221851_507266850_8671112_276474474_n.jpg

Black, Polarized GasCans. I typically wear these most of the time.

4ce452aeebe8d.jpg

Desert, Bronze Lenses (not available to general public). These are mostly worn at the range.

oakley_11_015.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wear a lot of hats, and have always had a hard time finding a pair that would fit under the bill. I finally decided on the standard GasCans and really like them.

I do as well so I thought I would wear a hat when I go shopping to try several on.

Do the GasCans fit under a hat? I'm not nearly as cool as you Nick so I'm not sure I could pull of the look like you do.

bulldogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    speedway,indiana
    i have had oakleys since the late 80s and still wear them. i have my srips in them now. i have 2 with clear and 2 with tent with and i love them. best sun classes ever for every thing you do.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I do as well so I thought I would wear a hat when I go shopping to try several on.

Do the GasCans fit under a hat? I'm not nearly as cool as you Nick so I'm not sure I could pull of the look like you do.
    Yea, they fit comfortably. Or you could wear a flat bill and have no issues at all. :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Have you looked at the new models from Revision?

I haven't. I wasn't all that impressed with my last departure from Oakley (Wiley-X), so I'm hesitant to try out yet another brand.

This time I'm willing to put some $$ into some good quality glasses for my new laser eyes, so I want what's best.

Top Bottom