Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Daltech Force Super BioBelt
    by esrice
    Photography by Jenn Rice

images

Back in August of this year I put together a comparison review of several popular styles of gun belts. You can view that review here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gear/229983-review_a_gun_belt_comparison.html

One style of belt that I didn't cover were those made from Biothane, a plastic-covered webbing material first used in the medical, safety, equine, and sporting goods industries. I believe it was the Liger Belt by Maxpedition where I first saw biothane used as a gun belt. I had always wanted to try one, but didn't want to lay down the cash, as they were $70+.

Enter Daltech Force.

After seeing my review company President Alex Dallas contacted me and was kind enough to send me one of their Biothane belts-- the Super BioBelt.

Super BIOBELT - The Most Indestructible Belt Ever Made! - Daltech Force

It arrived in just a few days and was neatly packaged.

20120827_153102.jpg

The belt came with a few goodies like a small carabiner and whistle, along with a Daltech Force catalog showing the many products they produce right here in Indiana.

20120827_153526.jpg

Initial impressions of the belt were very positive.

The first thing I noticed was how beefy and heavy the buckle was. I'm normally not a fan of shiny silver buckles but this one didn't seem to stand out too much. In an effort to keep the belt low-profile I had asked that the keeper be black to match the belt and not silver to match the buckle. They'll ship it however you prefer.

Belt%202-20_zps35a9b546.jpg

Next was the Biothane material and how much it resembled leather. It looks like leather, it even feels like leather. But it smells like plastic. :D Two small impressions molded into the belt at the top and bottom make it indistinguishable from a standard leather belt. If you look closely you can see a slight pattern on the belt's surface.

Belt%202-25_zpse17f0a08.jpg

The only visual cue that gives the belt away as synthetic is where it was cut. It looks like it was done nicely with a hot blade, but you can still see some webbing material peeking out.

Belt%202-24_zps8371b01c.jpg

Big shiny Chicago screws hold the buckle to the belt. Quality hardware is one place where belts can set themselves apart, and the hardware on this Super BioBelt is top-notch.

Belt%202-21_zpsd93d9578.jpg

As recommended on the Daltech Force website I ordered my belt 4 sizes larger than my pants size. I wear a 36 waist so I ordered a 40 belt. It fit perfectly and still had room for adjustment in both directions.

Belt%202-23_zpsf8e70c93.jpg

Dual-layer belts are often preferred as gun belts due to their rigidity. Because of the Biothane material used for this belt it was single-layer. But it is a thick and stiff single-layer.

Belt%202-22_zps13010ef2.jpg

Belt%202-19_zps480ee926.jpg

While not quite as rigid as The Beltman or Double Duty belts I have reviewed in the past, the Super BioBelt is far and away stiffer than most ordinary belts and holds up a firearm very well.

Belt%202-18_zpsdd088477.jpg

I wore this belt to a 2-day Suarez International Low Light Gunfighting course and it functioned with my S&W M&P9 and Raven Phantom holster just fine. One interesting feature of the Biothane material is that it "locks" your beltline gear into place. I had no problem threading the belt through my holster and mag pouch, but once I buckled it down they wouldn't move either direction on the belt. This made everything feel very secure as if it were all one piece (belt, mag pouch, holster).

The belt is casual enough for jeans and khakis, yet dressy enough for business slacks, and I wore it with them all.

Belt%202-17_zpsc06f6c97.jpg

Some of the best features of the BioBelt would take me years to fully appreciate. Such as. . . .

• It won't stretch or fold over. Leather will.
    • It's impervious to water and chemicals. Leather isn't.
    • You can clean it with simple soap and water. You can't do that with leather.
    • It hides scrapes and scratches. Leather doesn't.
    • It stays flexible in all temperatures, even though it's "plastic".
    While I'm not suggesting that everyone ditch their leather belts for those made from Biothane, I do think that such a material is perfectly suited for folks working in damp or wet environments, or for those who have been historically tough on their belts and are looking for something that can take some serious abuse over time.

Right now they are priced at just $42.95 with free shipping. I think that is an outstanding deal for a belt of this quality made right here in Indiana.

For more information on the Super BioBelt, or to see what other products Daltech Force offers, check out their website at Gun Belts, Holsters and Concealed Carry Apparel | Daltech Force Be sure to let them know you heard about them on INGO. :ingo:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Great review, and I'm completely sold. I also know a few shooters that always spend top dollar on iron, but skimp on gunbelts. I'll point them this way.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I looked up Dal-Tech after reading this review and put an order in for a Daltech "bullbelt." Stitched BULLBELT - Full Grain Bull Hide - Daltech Force. I had them put the two stiffeners in because I'm a bigger guy. Belt was ordered on a Thursday and arrived the next Tuesday- which I thought was great.

I was concerned with the dual stiffener making the belt uncomfortable, but I was wrong. In fact, I believe this is the most comfortable belt I've ever worn.

The only issue I have is with the sizing. Per instructions on the website I went 4" past waist size. The belt "fits" kind of, but only on the very last ring. I would have liked another 1" or so for further adjustment.

Overall I don't think their belts are on par with the Beltman or some other belt makers, but I don't really think that's what Dal-Tech is after. It seems like they are about making a quality belt at an affordable price and not have their customers wait around 8 weeks for it to come in. For some folks that might not be a big deal, but it's important to folks like me. I recommend the belts, just be careful about the sizing.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    My belt just came in today. Looks great and really fits good, I went 4" over my jean size and it put me right in the middle of the adjustment. I'll let you know what I think of it as soon as I get a few miles on.

Top Bottom