Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

The Konus 20-60x80 is very popular amung new highpower shooters, great value for the money.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x10 View Post
    JarHeadTop.com

here's another source for Kowa's
    i mentioned this site for Kowa scopes in the write up. I have read great reviews about Jim Owens and the company's customer service. Quite a few sniper type long distance competitors I met swear by Kowa, and Jarheadtop. Thanks for the comment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Electronrider View Post
    The Konus 20-60x80 is very popular amung new highpower shooters, great value for the money.
    Absolutely! For a scope under $400, it is a hands down favorite! During the field comparison, we were all impressed with this scope at it's price point! Thanks for the comment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by foszoe View Post
    Wow! Thanks for giving us this info to digest. I have been wanting a good scope to replace my swift.

Now how about doing night vision and IR?
    The problem with night vision is... I have no need for it. I can't justify the money it would take to compare/review something I won't use. Sorry, and thanks for the compliment!

User Info Menu

Thanks, sbu, that's a great write up. I've been thinking about a spotting scope for quite awhile now and was able to pick up the Konuspot80 shipped for under $202 at Optics Planet using the 10% online coupon they have posted right now (using the free "value shipping" option). I couldn't pass that up.
    Last edited by tbhausen; 06-21-2015 at 20:59.

User Info Menu

THANKS SBU!!!!! that was a tremendous write up on spotting scopes!!! I've had a Bariska 30-105x100 for years, but am planning on upgrading in the future (getting older ya know) once again thanks for the review!!!!

User Info Menu

I just got a barska for father's day from my mom. It'll do for what I need it to. Does anyone else have an issue using these with glasses? Seems like there is ZERO eye relief.

User Info Menu

Nice write up. Just what I've been looking for as I'm starting the search for a decent spotting scope.

As I'm not well versed in glass I have a few questions.

How were your comparisons done?
    All on .223 holes?
    All same time of day?
    All in the same ambient conditions?
    All same lighting?
    How many different sets of eyes were used?
    What were the condition of the viewing eyes?
    All 20-20?
    Were all scopes checked at identical ranges?
    What scopes did you investigate and decide not to test?

Thanks again for a great write up.

User Info Menu

Read up on how Jim Owens "discovered" the Konuspot80 for long-range shooters... good stuff. I'm going to buy his scope stand, for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    Thanks, sbu, that's a great write up. I've been thinking about a spotting scope for quite awhile now and was able to pick up the Konuspot80 shipped for under $202 at Optics Planet using the 10% online coupon they have posted right now (using the free "value shipping" option). I couldn't pass that up.
    That's the best scope at it's price point, I am sure you will be happy with it! Thanks for the comment.
    Last edited by sbu sailor; 06-22-2015 at 08:29.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast