Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 187 of 199 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1981

User Info Menu

If you've heard this one before don't stop me, I want to hear it again.

Back in February 86 KellyinAvon left the land of fast time/slow time for the USAF. When the time sprung forward Airman Basic KellyinAvon was at (now closed) Lowry AFB, Colorado in Supply tech school. Needless to say I was quite stunned on Monday morning when it was pitch dark out.

This trend continued until Spring 2004. I spent four of those 18 years overseas not springing forward, so it took me an estimated 14 years to get over saving daylight.

Theory: Since I was 21 when I left Indiana and it took 14 years, take your age in 2006, times 0.67. That's how long it will take to overcome springing forward.

Either that or will continue.
    Last edited by KellyinAvon; 10-13-2019 at 09:13.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post

Back in February 86 KellyinAvon left the land of fast time/slow time for the USAF. When the time sprung forward Airman Basic KellyinAvon was at (no closed) Lowry AFB, Colorado in Supply tech school. Needless to say I was quite stunned on Monday morning when it was pitch dark out.

This trend continued until Spring 2004. I spent four of those 18 years overseas not springing forward, so it took me an estimated 14 years to get over saving daylight.

Theory: Since I was 21 when I left Indiana and it took 14 years, take your age in 2006, times 0.67. That's how long it will take to overcome springing forward.

Thatís a new twist on an already argued point. I move we allow it.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post

Back in February 86 KellyinAvon left the land of fast time/slow time for the USAF. When the time sprung forward Airman Basic KellyinAvon was at (now closed) Lowry AFB, Colorado in Supply tech school. Needless to say I was quite stunned on Monday morning when it was pitch dark out.

How does a dead horse tell time?
    Knowledge keeps one from being vulnerable.

User Info Menu

Yeah. Youíd think that it would eventually be time for the vultures to start picking at the carcass.
    I have spoken.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chef larry View Post
    How does a dead horse tell time?
    No horse is too dead to tell time. Wait, never mind.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Yeah. Youíd think that it would eventually be time for the vultures to start picking at the carcass.
    We'll beat the dead vultures after the carcass is gone.
    INGOer #25,448

ATM

User Info Menu

Yeah? Redefining the beliefs of people on the other side of an issue isnít a real argument. Itís a tactic. Itís also a logical fallacy.
    Don't let that stop you from conjuring up some reason for perpetuating the schedule changes.

I don't really care what anyone believes and the biannual changes are going to end soon if someone doesn't come up with some decent reasons to continue the senseless tradition.

The EU is going to "set it and forget it" by 2021 ...I doubt The USA will be far behind.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

ATM

User Info Menu

And this:

www.reveresriders.org

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Don't let that stop you from conjuring up some reason for perpetuating the schedule changes.

I don't really care what anyone believes and the biannual changes are going to end soon if someone doesn't come up with some decent reasons to continue the senseless tradition.

The EU is going to "set it and forget it" by 2021 ...I doubt The USA will be far behind.
    See? There you go again. Iím not defending either position. This thing has been discussed for years. Yet clocks are still changing twice a year. My position is, itís a silly thread at this point. But itís at least entertaining. My only point was that what you said is a logical fallacy.
    I have spoken.

ATM

User Info Menu

See? There you go again. Iím not defending either position. This thing has been discussed for years. Yet clocks are still changing twice a year. My position is, itís a silly thread at this point. But itís at least entertaining. My only point was that what you said is a logical fallacy.
    Your OCD is no match for my propaganda tactics.

www.reveresriders.org