• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Grew up in a state that had DST. Moved to Indiana and thought not messing with the clock was the greatest thing ever.

DST is a huge waste of time. The research shows no clear benefits. So we goof up our body clocks a couple of times a year for what's basically a wash.

I'm now a DST hater twice a year until the disturbance in my wake/sleep pattern works its way out.
    REP inbound!!!!! I don't care which time we choose, but we should stick with it year round. In the age of electricity it has NO BENEFIT!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Doesn't bother me too much now that the vast majority of Indiana follows EST and EDT all year.

Wouldn't have bothered me if IN had decided to go with CST and CDT.

Daylight Saving Time is goofy. Especially in this day and age.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm kind of glad, though, that now we're at least all goofy together as opposed to being goofy "by ourselves".

Being goofy all together means that it's just that much easier for everyone in the world to figure out what time it is in the vast majority of Indiana. As opposed to before - when no one ever knew because IN was goofy all by itself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DST, EST & CST bringing Indiana together. :laugh:
    DST is just a temporary offset which applies to any of the US timezones. I'm in EST, but when we're on DST it's EDT. Same with people in CST, when DST is in effect you have CDT. I only mention that because the reckless use of acronyms, no matter how meaningful, is entertaining if not annoying.
    REP inbound!!!!! I don't care which time we choose, but we should stick with it year round. In the age of electricity it has NO BENEFIT!
    I'd much rather not have to switch, but I have a preference for which. I'd like to be on UTC-4 all the time.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    ... I miss spending time outdoors on summer evenings, by the time it cools off enough to be enjoyable, it's time for bed.

+1, plus it's been kinda nice the last few days going to work with a little daylight coming through. Gotta work Sunday, and will be disappointed driving to work in the dark again. Plus it delays the days when it's warm enough to ride the mc in.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Most people with whom I am familiar view it as an event provided twice a year as a public service for the perpetually pissed-off. It has pretty much outlived it's usefulness now that there are so many other things to whine about. :rolleyes:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I loathe the ridiculous practice with all that is within me. :facepalm: Seriously, just pick a time, set it, and forget it.

I understand that our society is not capable of simply changing their schedules twice per year without also lying to themselves by coonfingering all the timepieces to pretend that we aren't :n00b:, but there is a cost associated with this irrational nuisance and I will never tire of mocking those who attempt to justify or make sense of this absurd notion that changing the clocks twice per year is somehow necessary, beneficial or wise.

Well, that's my yearly rant - 'bout the same as last year. :yesway:

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    When Mitch Daniels had it rammed through out legislator. I soooo wanted to go to his house and blare air horns and any noise maker at 2 am of the time change just to remind him what a great idea it was... My wife told me I couldn't do it.. :(

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I actually like it, apart from having to rotate my sundial..... :)

I enjoy longer evenings after work to go golfing or fishing or any other outdoor activities. It keeps us on the same relative time difference to the rest of USA/Canada/Europe except Arizona/Hawaii.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Some electrical tape and some how to answers on the Internet and you too can learn to love DST!

I remember when DST was FINALLY implemented, they said it would confuse the cows but it really confused the DST opponents, they just didn't know how to change their clocks.:D

Soooo, glad this is behind us and we can join the rest of the country!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    My hatred for DST has been renewed now that my biological clock has been screwed up again for the next week or two.

Top Bottom