• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    I am a farmer. It makes no difference to me what the clock says. But I would like to see us go to central time so I can watch Duck Dynasty at 9:00. Just can't stay up till 11:00.

Draco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Some electrical tape and some how to answers on the Internet and you too can learn to love DST!

I remember when DST was FINALLY implemented, they said it would confuse the cows but it really confused the DST opponents, they just didn't know how to change their clocks.:D

Soooo, glad this is behind us and we can join the rest of the country!

Yeah, but the rest of the country was wrong. c.c

I don’t want to be wrong just so we can ditch the “Anti-Time Travel” group that we’ve been a member of for so long.

Then again, I’ve got no problem with everything running on GMT/Zulu or any other pick; but this tinkering with clocks is silly.

Also, there is that moment when my cell phone says it is one time and the clock that keeps time with the atomic clock says it’s a different time; all I know for that instant is that something is broken and that I [probably] didn’t do it. I’ve never had the realization that something is broken and been terribly thrilled about it, so I’d just as soon do away with this.

I liked it more when my state was one of the few who got it right; now we’re just another land mass stuck following a tradition that no one can really justify; and, as Twain said, “The less there is to justify a traditional custom, the harder it is to get rid of it.”

As for me, I keep it simple: Better to be right and ignored than wrong and adored.

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    I don't want to be on central time then the sun would set at 430 during the winter. I like daylight saving time it gives me more time after work to spend outside in the summer. I wish we stayed on this time all year and never moved our clocks.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Daylight Savings Time literally does not do anything. Either it's darker in the morning or it's darker in the evening, but it doesn't do one thing to change Earth's rotation about the sun. Not a single thing.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Then again, I’ve got no problem with everything running on GMT/Zulu or any other pick; but this tinkering with clocks is silly...

You need to love it with your feelings despite the irrational nuisance of tinkering with schedules and clocks and whatnot.

It's just your brain that's causing you to resist. ;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bump.

What an ignorant and pointless ritual. Loved the extra hour tacked onto my night shift just so we could all switch our schedules and clocks

...AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's been posted somewhere, but not in this thread...

There goes a story wherein DST is explained to an American Indian, who, upon hearing it, replied,

"Only the White man would think that cutting two inches off one end of a blanket and sewing it to the other end would make a longer blanket."

I don't know if the story is true (I'd not think so, but who knows?) however I do find it entertaining.

I grew up with DST and hated it. Moved here and thought it was great to not have it anymore. (sigh) Oh well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I loved having it stay light later when I was younger. Now that I'm old, I'd just as soon have the extra light in the morning when I can be awake to enjoy it! :): Set our clocks back last night. So instead of waking up at 3:30 or 4:00, I woke up at about 2:30. :n00b: I forced myself to stay in bed until 4:00 though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I grew up with DST. I never understood all the consternation it causes but one thing's for sure...I can count on a royal *****-fest two times per year from my wife (a native Hoosier) on the night before the clocks change. :laugh:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I love DST. Grew up with it...love the fact in the summer I can work til almost 10 outside.

I can also count on people *****ing about changing their clocks twice a year.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Mitch Daniels

Should of left it alone, I HATE THE DAMN TIME CHANGE and Mitch Daneils too.... Thanks mitch, you sure ain't my man !!!!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Stoopidest damn idea I think I ever encountered. It's less than pointless. There is no benefit regardless all that nonsense about saving energy. If you want an extra hour of daylight, get up an hour earlier, gawd. Resetting your clocks twice a year is an annoyance to be sure, but pretending time to have been shifted is worse. It's light when it's light, and it's dark when it's dark. Quit making us mess around with our clocks. Dumbf***s.

Top Bottom