Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 191 of 198 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1976

User Info Menu

For ATM:

Keep up the good fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    No, changing schedules back for 4 months does not make sense to those who prefer more daylight after the typical workday. It causes them to have less for 4 months. We've covered this. Try again.

No need, we'd be on that same schedule for the whole year. We've covered this. You agreed. Now you've forgotten.

The schedule change is what's cumbersome, changing clocks is just to pretend we aren't doing something as stupid as changing schedules back and forth twice per year. The lie is never the hard part, it was just a simple trick to gain more support from the simple minded back in the day.

It's not universal and other countries who once participated are now dropping it. USA will follow suit once it becomes internationally trendy to do so.

The clocks are the joke part of the discussion, the silly schedule changes are the actual point. We've covered all this. Try something fresh.

I'm here to help.
    I do not care if we stay the same time all year, that is a bone to those that do not like The way the sun would time out in the winter if we stayed an hour forward. That is at the crux of why we change time.

Whatever we do, it should be the entire country not have patchwork DST zones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    I do not care if we stay the same time all year, that is a bone to those that do not like The way the sun would time out in the winter if we stayed an hour forward. That is at the crux of why we change time.

Whatever we do, it should be the entire country not have patchwork DST zones.
    States rights!!!!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    States rights!!!!
    I think time zones are international treaty type stuff. States on the edge can choose to join the zone they wish...

KLB

User Info Menu

This...
    So you want DST so you get more light in the evening, but you want to be on EDT which means it gets dark earlier.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

I think time zones are international treaty type stuff. States on the edge can choose to join the zone they wish...
    International treaty?

Why do you hate freedom?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    No, changing schedules back for 4 months does not make sense to those who prefer more daylight after the typical workday. It causes them to have less for 4 months. We've covered this. Try again.

No need, we'd be on that same schedule for the whole year. We've covered this. You agreed. Now you've forgotten.

The schedule change is what's cumbersome, changing clocks is just to pretend we aren't doing something as stupid as changing schedules back and forth twice per year. The lie is never the hard part, it was just a simple trick to gain more support from the simple minded back in the day.

It's not universal and other countries who once participated are now dropping it. USA will follow suit once it becomes internationally trendy to do so.

The clocks are the joke part of the discussion, the silly schedule changes are the actual point. We've covered all this. Try something fresh.

I'm here to help.
    I resent the entire stupid proposition predicated on dubious claims and of no personal benefit to me. Quintessential government program

ETA: Let the revolution start here
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    So you want DST so you get more light in the evening, but you want to be on EDT which means it gets dark earlier.
    That is backwards, if the east side of the road is eastern and the west side central and the sun sets at 9:00 pm eastern it is 8:00 pm accross the street.

ATM

User Info Menu

Set it

and forget it.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

And what on what authority do you state such a claim?

There is only three general positions an area can have in a time zone, leading edge and early sunrise, middle with a middle sunrise of the zone, and trailing edge with late sunrises. The people of the area, through their legislatures get to pick which zone they want to be in. Indiana can only be the leading edge of eastern or trailing edge of central. I will count you as a vote for central time zone.
    The position of the sun at noon on the equinox is a good indicator.

"If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."