Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 129 179 219 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2304
    ATM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    ...As for time zones...
    Wait for it. Soon.

No one close to the equator has a real need for DST as works for us and Europe.

Um, yeah...

about Europe...

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    So one year-old article about one equatorial country? That's what you're basing your statement on?

ATM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    So one year-old article about one equatorial country? That's what you're basing your statement on?
    LOL, I don't think Ingomike read the whole thing, either.

No, there's a bit more than just Brazil. From the article:

...Some 70 countries, mostly in the Northern Hemisphere, observe DST to some extent, seeking to leverage natural daylight and reduce energy consumption. Parts of Canada, Mexico, the United States, and most of Europe are in this group. However, the well-intentioned measure has proved counterproductive, and prudent countries are rolling it back.

Notably, the European Parliament voted in March to scrap its coordinated DST from 2021. All 28 member nations—or 27, Brexit withstanding—must stop the twice-yearly switch and either settle on summer or winter time for the foreseeable future.

A public consultation prior to the vote showed that Europeans detest the clock changes: a crushing 84 percent of respondents wanted to end what has been an EU-wide imposition since 1996. In the United States, a 2014 poll revealed only 34 percent of respondents thought DST was worth the hassle...

www.reveresriders.org

User Info Menu

Maybe with the EU dropping it, we might gain some traction.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    LOL, I don't think Ingomike read the whole thing, either.

No, there's a bit more than just Brazil. From the article:
    But, but, but... indisputable facts...

Master

User Info Menu

If we lose DST I will be permanently pizzesd off. For a guy that say gets to shoot outside 90 times, after work, this spring through the fall, loses 90 hours of daylight to do it in. This applies to anyone that works or recreates outdoors and that is a huge number of people. That would be a huge personal loss. DST is good for the majority of people...

ATM

User Info Menu

If we lose DST I will be permanently pizzesd off. For a guy that say gets to shoot outside 90 times, after work, this spring through the fall, loses 90 hours of daylight to do it in. This applies to anyone that works or recreates outdoors and that is a huge number of people. That would be a huge personal loss. DST is good for the majority of people...
    The majority of people will keep right on saving daylight year-round.

It's the perpetual changing back and forth that the majority never wanted and still don't. That won't be missed.

www.reveresriders.org

User Info Menu

Okay, it's 7:50 p.m.. It's bedtime. Where's all this dadgum light coming from??

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Okay, it's 7:50 p.m.. It's bedtime. Where's all this dadgum light coming from??

7:50 was bedtime 100 years ago and for infants. Average Americans go to bed at 11:00 PM.

User Info Menu

I think you've conflated EDT with clock changing. What you want is to stay on EDT permanently. That sentiment may well be shared by a large percentage of people. The majority of this thread has not complained about the late sunset but the diddling of the clocks twice/year.