• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Question for LEO's about roundabouts.

Is there any law about somebody staying in a round about and just going around? Not speeding and not impeding traffic just going around because the kids like it.

Last edited:

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    You would likely have to refer to local ordinances. I have heard of places imposing a 3 complete passes of the circle as the limit.... Doubt they could enforce a ticket against it though.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I thought it would be an excellent use of a flash mob (the original kind). Have two cars come from each direction, fill the roundabout, and keep circulating for a couple of minutes to block traffic, then all take off in every direction.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Kids do it on Monument Circle all night when the weather is nice. That's pretty much just a big roundabout. I know that the local LEOs there usually end up putting barricades up to force the traffic off (at least they used to...haven't been there in years) but in that case people actually were impeding traffic.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Kids do it on Monument Circle all night when the weather is nice. That's pretty much just a big roundabout. I know that the local LEOs there usually end up putting barricades up to force the traffic off (at least they used to...haven't been there in years) but in that case people actually were impeding traffic.

They still do. You can't make a complete lap around on weekends.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Roundabouts are un- American!!! I hate them! With that said, it is fun to watch old people freak out when approaching one. Nothing beats that WTF look on grandma face!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Roundabouts are un- American!!! I hate them! With that said, it is fun to watch old people freak out when approaching one. Nothing beats that WTF look on grandma face!!

Those up in years do get confused by them.....or Grandpa just blows into the flow with no regard.

The city plans a huge one where Georgetown Rd. meets Crawfordsville and 16th st at the SW corner of the Motor Speedway. That should be very entertaining for at least a full year.

Top Bottom