Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Game of Thrones-Observations

I watch too much TV.

I recently started binge watching GOT's. I had seen most of season 1 several yrs ago then lost HBO. I'm nearing the end of season 4.
    I like the complex relationship between the young Stark? girl and the Hound.
    Sex and violence. What's not too like.
    I can't keep track of all the characters and blood lines.
    Favorite line "the night is dark and full of terror." I'd like to see a red wine with the slogan, "the wine is dark and full of terroir."
    Becoming a king seems to be a death warrant (but ya get all the whores you want and the food tends to be better).
    Strong personalities are usually interesting.
    Tyrian has the worst Brit accent I've ever heard.
    Bring back Ned Stark.
    Naked women are beautiful (at least in the movies).
    Season 4 seems to be taking something from The Walking Dead. Swords/arrows thru the head and eye. Crushing exploding skulls.
    Blond boys are always being portrayed mean and vicious (see Harry Potter as well).
    Dragons are cool, but need obedience training
    The magic stuff is getting out of hand.
    Your thoughts?
    Last edited by findingZzero; 05-24-2015 at 16:55.

User Info Menu

Wait till you get to Season 5!

And for some reason, George RR Martin loves killing beloved characters. Almost can't bring myself to like any more characters because then bad things happen to them! In GOT, bad things only seem to happen to the 'good guys'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post

And for some reason, George RR Martin loves killing beloved characters. Almost can't bring myself to like any more characters because then bad things happen to them! In GOT, bad things only seem to happen to the 'good guys'.
    not true. Joffrey buying the farm was satisfying.

i can't wait to see what happens to Roose and Ramsey Bolton.
    Upwing Extremist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post

Exactly why I stopped after Season 1.

User Info Menu

Lots of bad guys "get it" in GOTs. Theon, the Hound, Tywin, Joffrey, the Mountain... and a number of others. GOTs is awesome because, like in real life, the good guys don't always win.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

The show is beginning to lose more and more of its resemblance to the books, which is a damn shame. I usually find myself more aggravated than entertained by the end of each episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadclownwp View Post
    I just can't say no to Boy Scout's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bradmedic04 View Post
    The show is beginning to lose more and more of its resemblance to the books, which is a damn shame. I usually find myself more aggravated than entertained by the end of each episode.
    The first season was the only season that really followed the books.

User Info Menu

I've only seen choice scenes off YouTube, but I'm totally rooting for Tyrion Lannister. I don't even care if he's the one who killed Joffrey. Joffrey had it coming from way back. Maybe I'll get on Netflix or whatever and binge it sometime, but not soon.

When I wrote stories, I also followed the rule that the only reason to make a character likeable was to enhance the emotion when I killed them off.
    I failed the Voight-Kampff test.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I've only seen choice scenes off YouTube, but I'm totally rooting for Tyrion Lannister. I don't even care if he's the one who killed Joffrey. Joffrey had it coming from way back. Maybe I'll get on Netflix or whatever and binge it sometime, but not soon.

When I wrote stories, I also followed the rule that the only reason to make a character likeable was to enhance the emotion when I killed them off.
    Grandma Tyrell and Littlefinger killed Joffrey

User Info Menu

Sounds complex, my youngest son enjoys it though. May rent the boxed set when it's all over.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast