• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My wife and I got started on the series last fall, where we watched seasons 1-4 on DVDs checked out from the library, binge-style. We are watching season 5 on the HBO GO app with one episode per week. This season, along with the fact that we slowed down to one episode per week makes the tempo painfully slow. I haven't read the books, so I didn't really have anything to expect. With so much going on and so many details to remember, I'd say that the best way to enjoy the series is a marathon when it's over!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone find it hard to watch this latest episode. You knew when she was given that deer(?) she would not make it to the next episode. For anyone complaining about this season I think these last two episodes have been the best of the entire series.

Last edited:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Anyone find it hard to watch this latest episode. You knew when she was given that deer(?) she would not make it to the next episode. For anyone complaining about this season I think these last two episodes have best the best of the entire series.

Not hard to watch, but the amount of time it took did seem to stretch on longer than expected.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone find it hard to watch this latest episode. You knew when she was given that deer(?) she would not make it to the next episode. For anyone complaining about this season I think these last two episodes have best the best of the entire series.

I found it hard to watch. It was a stag, not a deer. The stag is the symbol of house Baratheon, of which she was a princess. As much as I disliked the decision to kill her off in such a horrific manner, the last couple episodes have been pretty good otherwise. The end of the one with the White Walkers attacking the Wildling camp was great and a good preview of things to come next season I hope.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It was hard to watch, because lil Shireen had no idea until they showed her the stake where she would be burned. I'm really interested in seeing how Davos handles this. Remember he lost his sons at the Battle of Blackwater, and he and Shireen had a father/daughter relationship. I'm betting he's going to lose his &%#@ when he finds out.

And what about Hizdar? I figured he was the leader of the Harpy's, but they killed him, so that's a stretch now, lol. This season has really come on strong.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It certainly had me a bit angry. I hope to watch the witch burn soon...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just caught up on this thread, and have only watched bits in pieces of the show. My wife watches religiously.

Is this really just Days of our Lives set in a Dungeons and Dragons universe? :D

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found it hard to watch. It was a stag, not a deer. The stag is the symbol of house Baratheon, of which she was a princess.

Thank you, did not realize that.

It was hard to watch, because lil Shireen had no idea until they showed her the stake where she would be burned. I'm really interested in seeing how Davos handles this. Remember he lost his sons at the Battle of Blackwater, and he and Shireen had a father/daughter relationship. I'm betting he's going to lose his &%#@ when he finds out.

I am betting you are correct. He was more of a father to her than Stannis ever was. Nobody is safe in this series.

And what about Hizdar? I figured he was the leader of the Harpy's, but they killed him, so that's a stretch now, lol. This season has really come on strong.

I thought he was in with them too. It was nice to see Jorah back in Daenerys good graces, I always liked his character.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You must not read the books. ;)

Oh yeah, I've read the books. ******Spoiler*******

The Mountain is basically a zombie. I'd call that "getting it" pretty good. I'm wondering what he looks like since he's now on the King's Guard, and never takes off his helm. Qyburn is like Dr. Frankenstein.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think he's supposed to be headless. Or at least he is in Bran's vision I think.

Oh really? I need to go back and re-read all the books. I'm actually alright with the show going it's own path. It stayed true to the books the first season, and somewhat in the second. I don't want the show to ruin the books for me.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Wow! What a finale!

It did feel pretty rushed in the beginning, but I was expecting that when I saw what they had on the prologue. I started to feel a bit bad during the atonement scene, but then I thought back about all the crap shes done and was like "Nah, I'm good with this".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SPOILERS:

At this point, you need to completely disconnect the books from the TV show. They are different beasts now, with the same end.

I didn't expect this season to end with that scene. The wife and I have differing opinions on it, but it should be interesting to see how it plays out. Anything beyond that scene is outside of the realm of the books.

Remember - No one is dead until you see a body.

For those of you that know what "stoneheart" means.... that makes sense.

Also, I'm sure Stannis is still alive. Same with Sansa/Theon

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I read all the books, once, and it was a long time ago. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Naturally the show HAS to deviate from the books! The books are huge and have too darn many characters in them. Even in the first or second book they gave the "you were raised in a castle and taught swordplay from a Lord" speech to Tyrion instead of the one-armed blacksmith. Many other things were jiggled around to compact the show as much as possible without loosing the flavor. If they tried to get everything in it could have been a weekly show for the past five (5) years!

Yes, this season has deviated significantly, but the broad brushes are still there. Arya (one of my favorite characters) goes blind in the books, but is cured near the end so I am guessing she will see through an animals eyes and get cured fairly quickly next season. Jon was stabbed by others I believe in the books. I NEVER expected Ser Alliser to stab Jon! That came out of the blue. I always thought him a hard man, but an honorable man that wouldn't betray his Commander. I was wrong.

In the books Shireen isn't dead yet, nor is Ser Barristan. However, I have read inside scoop that Shireens death by her father IS coming. I have despised Stannis both in the books and onscreen from the beginning. I am hoping Brienne decapitated the old fart, but I am guessing she is too honorable to kill a helpless man. I hope I am wrong.

The best thing that could EVER happen to Daenerys just happened! Two of the brightest minds, both savvy in politics and people as well as logistics, have come together to help root out an insurgency and run the city while she is away! If Greyworm can open up and trust them they will have that placing running like a top by the time Daenerys returns. One thing I think people forget is that Tyrion is the only man around that knows anything about training dragons. In the first book he mentioned reading about it when he was a boy. There is no other knight alive that has ever mentioned having this knowledge.

I like the deviations and enjoy being surprised. Normally I don't, but in this case as large as it is I don't mind it. Maybe I'm getting soft in my olde age.

Doug

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When season 1 began my favorite characters were Ned, Rob and Jon. As the show went on, only Jon was left. I really hope they bring him back. Not only is he my favorite character, he is also my favorite story in the show. For me, the show will not be nearly as good without Jon Snow.

According to Kit Harrington he will not be in season 6 at all.

'Game of Thrones' star on that shocking death | EW.com

Top Bottom