• ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    If Jon is not dead, the actor isn't going to say so in an interview the next day. I think they would purposely indicate the opposite of what is really going to happen. I believe the Red Priestess is going to do some "Brothers without Banners" on ole Jon Snow, but he wouldn't know because he knows nothin'.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I had to completely quit watching the show because it's ruining my favorite book series. I think the Sansa storyline irks me the most.

I really wish they had the Patchface character too. Both he and Hoooooooooodor always made me laugh, though Patches has the prophetic side too and foreshadows major events.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Stannis the Mannis IS dead though. I was rooting for him, until he burned Shireen.

Several of my friends liked Stannis. I am against all of you with him. I have despised him and his hypocrisy and arrogance from the beginning. Good riddance!

Sorry, not with you on Stannis.

Oh, and I have despised Sansa from the beginning as well. The more she suffers, "Oh well... You reap what you sow." Self centered prissy little @#^@&^^&**!

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Several of my friends liked Stannis. I am against all of you with him. I have despised him and his hypocrisy and arrogance from the beginning. Good riddance!

Sorry, not with you on Stannis.

Oh, and I have despised Sansa from the beginning as well. The more she suffers, "Oh well... You reap what you sow." Self centered prissy little @#^@&^^&**!

Doug

Well look at it this way. Stannis the Mannis WAS the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms. His brother Robert died, and he left no legitimate heirs. Thus being the next oldest brother, the crown should pass to him. Even Ned Stark recognized this before his death. But noooo, his little twerp brother decides he'll be a better king, and decides to ignore succession.
    So Renly marries his gay lover's sister, and gets the Martel's to support his claim. Stannis offers to give his brother Storm's End, his place on the small counci, AND name him his heir, but Renley rejects the offer. So Stannis kills him.
    Stannis The Mannis just couldn't win. And when Brienne the Beast finally catches up with Stannis, she goes on some rant about Renly being the "rightful" king before she kills him. No idiot, Stannis is the rightful king. Just because Renly was nice to you at a party, you don't just hand him a crown. She's so dumb, that for as much as she was loyal to Renly, she wasn't loyal to his family, the Baratheons. When she killed Stannis, she snuffed out the Baratheon line. Robert, Stannis, nor Renly had any heirs.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, I started GOT with the HBO series, about the time that Season 4 finished airing. I picked up Season 1 using an Amazon Prime gift card, and we got hooked. So we ended up buying the rest. While we waited for Season 5 to come out (I got HBO just for GOT, *sigh*), I started reading the books. I'm almost done with A Clash of Kings, and intend to be fully caught up before Season 6 airs. (These are some of the longest books to get through, and I love it.)

I loved Ned Stark. Hated to see him killed. I think he was the only, truly good person in all of Westeros. Needless to say, he had to go. Speaking of which, how can Ned Stark be truly good, and yet have a bastard son? I'm only 35% of the way through the books and my opinion could change accordingly as I get farther along; but right now, I think there's a lot of credence to the idea that Jon Snow is really (SPOILER?) Lyanna's son, to whom she died while giving birth, and whom Ned has protected and hidden from birth. I'm enamored by the symmetry of a resurrected (by Melisandre, perhaps?) Jon Snow ending up ruling Westeros with Daenerys, thus fulfilling the title: a Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryen).

Tyrion is my favorite character, both in the series and in the book. Other than Ned, he is the second most "good" person in the land - especially for being handicapped (not physically, but by being born a Lannister).

The first major plot deviation I've come across at this point is Theon Greyjoy/Reek and Ramsay Bolton (the latter of whom was killed, while still a bastard, while Rob Stark was still fighting the Lannisters).

I want to know what happened to Syrio Forel. His death is only implied. I'm looking forward to see what becomes of Arya's life/destiny. She is certainly forging her own path. And speaking of forging one's own path: why was Bran non-existent in all of Season 5?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wonder if they will reveal him in the trailers at all, surely they couldn't expect this news not to get out.

I guess we will see. One of the articles I read said groups were actually watching the Belfast airport for Kit Harrington. I read he had been seen there several times and was able to avoid the cameras.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I got HBO just for GOT, *sigh*

No need to feel badly. HBO has the best series hands down.

why was Bran non-existent in all of Season 5?

I read the Bran story line was running ahead of the rest of the series. They held his part back a season so the series can catch up. To be honest, I did not care much for his story line, so I really did not miss it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, I started GOT with the HBO series, about the time that Season 4 finished airing. I picked up Season 1 using an Amazon Prime gift card, and we got hooked. So we ended up buying the rest. While we waited for Season 5 to come out (I got HBO just for GOT, *sigh*), I started reading the books. I'm almost done with A Clash of Kings, and intend to be fully caught up before Season 6 airs. (These are some of the longest books to get through, and I love it.)

I loved Ned Stark. Hated to see him killed. I think he was the only, truly good person in all of Westeros. Needless to say, he had to go. Speaking of which, how can Ned Stark be truly good, and yet have a bastard son? I'm only 35% of the way through the books and my opinion could change accordingly as I get farther along; but right now, I think there's a lot of credence to the idea that Jon Snow is really (SPOILER?) Lyanna's son, to whom she died while giving birth, and whom Ned has protected and hidden from birth. I'm enamored by the symmetry of a resurrected (by Melisandre, perhaps?) Jon Snow ending up ruling Westeros with Daenerys, thus fulfilling the title: a Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targaryen).

Tyrion is my favorite character, both in the series and in the book. Other than Ned, he is the second most "good" person in the land - especially for being handicapped (not physically, but by being born a Lannister).

The first major plot deviation I've come across at this point is Theon Greyjoy/Reek and Ramsay Bolton (the latter of whom was killed, while still a bastard, while Rob Stark was still fighting the Lannisters).

I want to know what happened to Syrio Forel. His death is only implied. I'm looking forward to see what becomes of Arya's life/destiny. She is certainly forging her own path. And speaking of forging one's own path: why was Bran non-existent in all of Season 5?

All ill say, is that something in your post is wrong. Keep reading.

Top Bottom