Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 102 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1917
    The Man Who Sold The World GPIA7R's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I'll take it and make my name public.
    I already have you figured out.... Juan Amileo Rodrėguez III.
    Tell it to the cleaning lady on Monday

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Yep. Some states allow anonymity. Some don't. There's no "right to privacy" that goes along with your lottery win unless that is specifically the law. Most places, that is specifically NOT the law.
    Her state allows you to set up a trust that the winnings can go into. If she had first consulted a lawyer, set up the trust, and wrote the name of the trust on the ticket, she could remain anonymous. Her mistake was signing her name to the back of the winning ticket.

I wonder how many people who play lotteries know this is even an option.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Point of order - you can't report about schools and only refer to one psychologist at one school.

The chair recognizes your point of order as "not well taken". It is not a violation of rules of debate to argue that individual instances belong to a themed trend that applies more broadly to more than one school.
    Debate, maybe, but this was journalism (from the CBS flagship station) - real journalism focuses on reporting facts and stories, not just inventing one for ratings.

And again, unless there's a report otherwise, it's one instance. Show me two and we'll talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

User Info Menu

Not that I am in the business of defending media outlets (God forbid), but while there was one psychologist cited, the article referenced this being atrend at several schools in the U.S. and Europe. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but the use of the "s" on the end of schools was not a reference to a single school.
    "Research just slows the funny down." - Dr.Midnight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    Her state allows you to set up a trust that the winnings can go into. If she had first consulted a lawyer, set up the trust, and wrote the name of the trust on the ticket, she could remain anonymous. Her mistake was signing her name to the back of the winning ticket.

I wonder how many people who play lotteries know this is even an option.
    Ooh. Good to know. I mean. I'd rather remain anonymous. But for $.5B before taxes, I'd let my name out there. But if I had that ticket in my possession, damn skippy I'd set up the trust.
    Hey. Don't blame me if I'm rude. Civility is racist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Debate, maybe, but this was journalism (from the CBS flagship station) - real journalism focuses on reporting facts and stories, not just inventing one for ratings.

And again, unless there's a report otherwise, it's one instance. Show me two and we'll talk.
    It's clickbaity, yes. But you raised a point of order, thus establishing the domain of discourse we're operating in. I was just following the rules you agreed to by invoking it. 'Cause I'm an ornery old cuss.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Not that I am in the business of defending media outlets (God forbid), but while there was one psychologist cited, the article referenced this being atrend at several schools in the U.S. and Europe. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but the use of the "s" on the end of schools was not a reference to a single school.
    Yes, they claim it's a trend; so they, or someone else show be able to prove it's a trend.

Jack Shafer at The Slate used to run a series of articles debunking all these fake trends being reported with nary a shred of decent journalism.

http://http://www.slate.com/articles...d_factory.html

https://www.poynter.org/news/how-sla...-trend-stories
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

User Info Menu

It's a trade-off. Sometimes it's a package deal where you can't really choose the parts you don't like. That's a Hobson's choice I wouldn't mind being burdened with. If she doesn't want the money, I'll take it and make my name public.
    For half a billion dollars, I'll ride bare assed on an ostrich though Lucas Oil Stadium on the Fourth of July to pick up my check.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight View Post
    For half a billion dollars, I'll ride bare assed on an ostrich though Lucas Oil Stadium on the Fourth of July to pick up my check.
    If the event were advertized in advance, given he current state of things, I can’t predict whether the stadium would be empty or full. If there’s any hope for humanity I would hope for empty. No offense intended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Midnight View Post
    I'll lead you out the same way for a cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.

Page 102 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 ... LastLast